Change Manager BEB Programme Delivery at Ministry for Primary Industries, National
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Change Manager - Border Executive Board Programme Delivery
Role type: Permanent
Location: Auckland or Wellington
Salary range: $109,626 to $128,972 depending on skills and experience
Kōrero mō te Tūranga - About the Role
Sitting within the Biosecurity directorate of the Ministry of Primary Industries (MPI), this role works with other government agencies' change teams to ensure the future focussed changes are implemented and embedded with our frontline teams in MPI.
Core duties include:
- Deliver identified change initiatives related to the BEB MPI work programme
- Identify and escalate risks that will impact the delivery of change management program plans
- Develop and implement change management strategies
- Cultivate and maintain positive working relationships with stakeholders (including unions, frontline staff and operational management)
Mōu - About You
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience as a Change Manager
- Proven experience in leading large transformational programmes in complex environments
- Ability to develop effective relationships and credibility with senior management and a wide range of project stakeholders
- High degree of judgement including the ability to prioritise across competing objectives
- Advanced writing, editing and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex issues to a range of audiences
You do not need to meet all of the role requirements to apply. We offer a breadth of development and learning opportunities and will welcome an application if you think you could make a great fit.
Mō tō mātou Rōpū - About the Team
The Border Executive Board has been established to deliver an integrated and effective border system. Its role is to ensure the response to keep COVID-19 out is working well at the border; to position New Zealand to have a safer and smarter border; to address gaps or future risks from people, good or craft arriving at the border and to manage border-related fiscal challenges arising from a change in cost-recovery activities.
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) partners with New Zealand's food and fibre sector to be the world's most sustainable provider of high-value food and primary products.
Our role includes seizing export opportunities for our food and fibre sector, improving sector productivity, ensuring the food we produce is safe, increasing sustainable resource use, and protecting New Zealand from biological risk.
Ngā hua o te mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua - Benefits of working at MPI
- Additional MPI leave days
- Ability to purchase extra annual leave
- Annual Wellness payment
Wā Mahi Ngāwari - Flexible Working
We support flexible working arrangements and are happy to discuss these options with you.
Ngā Taki Whakahaumaru - Security checks
Low level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided continuously in NZ for at least the last five (5) years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five (5) years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
- click here to find out more about the national security vetting process and access the eligibility self-check tool.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi whaitake? - Are you ready to make a difference?
We are committed to being a good partner under Te Tiriti o Waitangi which includes working closely with iwi, hapū, whanau and hāpori.
We aspire to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to making Manatū Ahu Matua a great place to work for all.
In your cover letter we'd like to know about you, your values, your whakapapa; your interest and motivations for this role; the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation, which may have also been gained outside of the workforce.
To view the position description and/or apply online, please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. To apply, you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
If you have any questions about the role, please email Luke.Farrell@mpi.govt.nz
Applications close at midnight on Tuesday 31st January 2023.
Whāia ngā tūhononga ki MPI i konei – Follow MPI here
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Attachment:||Change Manager BEB Programme Delivery - Position Description.pdf (PDF, 325KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.