Internal Training Lead at Ministry for Primary Industries, Wellington City
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Role Type: Fixed-term until June 2024
Salary Band: $78,817 to $106,646 depending on skills and experience
The Ministry for Primary Industries are currently recruiting for an Internal Training Lead, to join our Forestry & Land Management directorate, which forms part of our wider Te Uru Rākau – New Zealand Forest Service business unit based in Wellington.
Kōrero mō te Tūranga - About the Role
In your role as Internal Training Lead, you will be responsible for the consolidation and development of internal training material and methods, specifically related to the Forestry Emissions Trading Scheme.
You will work with Managers and Team Leaders with the Operations, Compliance, and Spatial Intelligence teams to ensure new employees are well trained, and to develop training systems and processes to support the Directorate into the future.
The key accountabilities of this position include:
- Collecting and consolidating current training material and including reviewing, evaluation, and modification of existing and proposed learning materials
- Collaborating with managers and subject matter experts to create learning content and relevant material
- Working alongside the Forestry ETS Programme Training Lead to support the learning associated with the programme, and support handover to the business
- Creating systems, modules, or processes to ensure longevity of training materials and experience
- Designing learning solutions that meet the needs of the learners and learning quality standards
- Collaborating with Learning & Development colleagues on design and development work to deliver value in a timely manner
- Facilitating delivery of learning both virtually and in-person including delivery of courses and workshops
- Regularly report on progress and risks, outcomes and results, and review of the effectiveness of training
Mōu - About You
To be successful in this role, you will have sound knowledge of and experience in adult learning theory and practice, and extensive experience designing and evaluating adult learning and material.
You will have the proven ability to collaborate and connect with a range of stakeholders at all levels, experience working with a Learning Management System, and a track record of achieving results.
Importantly, you will be a creative as well as analytical thinker, someone who can easily build trusted relationships with colleagues and customers, a coaching and continuous improvement mindset, and be comfortable facilitating in a group environment.
Mō tō mātou Rōpū - About the Team
These roles are part of the Forestry & Land Management directorate within Te Uru Rākau – New Zealand Forest Service. Te Uru Rākau – New Zealand Forest Service is a branded business unit within the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) and is leading the Government's renewed focus on forestry, one of our country's most successful primary industries. You'll be joining a dynamic and diverse team who all share a common goal of improving the individual, social and cultural, environmental, and economic outcomes for New Zealand.
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
We're passionate about growing prosperity in the sector while ensuring respect for Kaitiaki – guardianship of our natural resources.
To find out more about the Ministry and what we do please click here.
Ngā hua o te mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua - Benefits of working at MPI
- Additional MPI leave days
- Ability to purchase extra annual leave
- Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organisation
Wā Mahi Ngāwari - Flexible Working
We support flexible working arrangements and are happy to discuss these options with you.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
To view the position description and/or apply online, please click Apply or visit the MPI Careers site.
To apply, you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
Applications close at 11:59pm on 12 February.
If you have any questions about the role, please email email@example.com
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Fixed Term FT|
|Category:||Human resources, recruitment & training|
|Attachment:||Internal Training Lead PD.pdf (PDF, 202KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.