Lead Payroll Advisor at Ministry for Primary Industries, Wellington City
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Role type: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary: $78,817 - $92,726 per annum, dependant on skills and experience
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
Due to an internal promotion, we now have a vacant role for a Lead Payroll Adviser, supporting the Payroll Manager in the day to day processing of pay at MPI. In this role you will be responsible for providing oversight of payroll processing, the development of payroll procedures/guidance, and acting as an escalation point for more complex payroll queries.
In this role, you would have the opportunity to:
- Lead the development, implementation and review of policy and procedures relating to Payroll, and work with the Payroll Manager on policy and regulation changes
- Provide technical and procedural expertise, train on payroll policies and procedures, and answer employee questions during payroll editing and check processing
- Continuously strive to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of existing systems and tools and look for alternatives to better suit business needs
- Establish and maintain a regular audit schedule and execute audits throughout the year verifying the integrity of the data in all HRIS
- Develop management reports from the payroll system to provide the business with required people related information
Mōu - About You
To be successful in this role, you'll ideally have current experience as a Senior Payroll Advisor and can provide payroll expertise in a large and complex organisation.
In addition to the above, we are seeking an applicant with:
- A high degree of integrity with the ability to work with sensitive data and maintain trust and confidentiality
- Passion for people and strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to work well under pressure, prioritise, and work on your own initiative
- Understanding of PAYE, ACC and IRD compliance
- Proven ability to manage payroll and HRIS processes
- Any audit, improvement, data quality or data analytics skills are advantageous
We offer a breadth of development and learning opportunities and will welcome an application if you think you could make a great fit and have the relevant experience.
Mō tō mātou Rōpū - About the Team
We work within the wider Whakapakari Pūmanawa - People and Capability group to provide payroll services to MPI. We collaborate with an external provider to setup new employees, provide advice and support general pay activities as part of the wider People Operations group.
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) partners with New Zealand's food and fibre sector to be the world's most sustainable provider of high-value food and primary products.
Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua: - Benefits of working at MPI
- Up to three additional (MPI holidays) leave days
- Reduced premiums for Group Healthcare Schemes
- Bi-annual MPI-paid eye test and contribution to the costs of corrective lenses/frames
Wā Mahi Ngāwari - Flexible Working
We support flexible working arrangements and are happy to discuss these options with you.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi whaitake? - Are you ready to make a difference?
We are committed to being a good partner under Te Tiriti o Waitangi which includes working closely with iwi, hapū, whanau and hāpori.
We aspire to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to making Manatū Ahu Matua a great place to work for all.
In your cover letter we'd like to know about you, your values, your whakapapa; your interest and motivations for this role; the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation, which may have also been gained outside of the workforce.
To view the position description and/or apply online, please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. To apply, you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
Applications close at midnight on Thursday 02 February
If you have any questions about the role, please email George.Petherick@mpi.govt.nz
Whāia ngā tūhononga ki MPI i konei – Follow MPI here
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Category:||Human resources, recruitment & training|
|Attachment:||Lead Payroll Advisor - January 2023 (1).docx (Word, 128KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.