Senior Intelligence Analyst at Ministry for Primary Industries, Wellington City
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Senior Intelligence Analyst
Role type: Permanent
Salary range: $78,817 to $106,634 depending on skills and experience
Kōrero mō te Tūranga - About the Role
As a successful applicant you'll be able to plan, lead and deliver intelligence products to target risk or develop insights into risks and opportunities for primary industries.
As part of the Primary Industries Intelligence Team, you'll have the opportunity to work across a broad range of subject matter, including trade, fisheries, food safety, forestry as well as MPI and All of Government responses.
Mōu - About You
This is a strategic intelligence role so an ability to look at complex problems from a broad perspective is essential. You'll have the ability to establish relationship networks across MPI, wider government and industry.
As a Senior Intelligence Analyst, you will be able to:
- Plan, lead and deliver intelligence products using a strong intelligence methodology, within set deadlines.
- Negotiate with stakeholders internal and external across industry, to determine requirements and priorities for intelligence products.
- Proactively establish and maintain productive relationships with SANDA and clients.
- Maintain appropriate standards and professionalism including seeking feedback from customers around the quality and timeliness of intelligence.
- Demonstrate integrity in handling sensitive information.
- Have a NZDIA or equivalent experience in intelligence.
- Qualifications or experience in Pacific geopolitics, international relations, international fisheries, law, or trade would be advantageous.
- Be prepared to be involved in Responses including All of Government Responses.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and advice to Analysts within the team to encourage their success.
- Complete multifaceted reporting that may require complex analysis and coordination across multiple teams.
- Provide ongoing quality assurance and peer review to support performance and delivery of work.
- Develop training and best practice.
- Proactively establish networks across MPI, wider government, and industry.
Mō tō mātou Rōpū - About the Team
Together with targeting outputs and support to Border Clearance Services operational activity across New Zealand, the Intelligence Group informs the view of risk across all import pathways in response to emerging and advancing threats, further enhancing border protection.
Intelligence Group is MPI's conduit into the National Security System and manages relationships with other agencies in the New Zealand Intelligence Community. This includes access to classified information to enable MPI, and other government agencies, to manage national security threats and risks to New Zealand's interests.
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
We're a large organisation with massive scope from the frontline to policy development and beyond.
Ngā hua o te mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua - Benefits of working at MPI
- Additional MPI leave days
- Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organisation
- Mentoring and coaching programmes
Wā Mahi Ngāwari - Flexible Working
We support flexible working arrangements and are happy to discuss these options with you.
Ngā Taki Whakahaumaru - Security checks
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in NZ for at least the last ten (10) years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last ten (10) years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
- click here to find out more about the national security vetting process and access the eligibility self-check tool.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi whaitake? - Are you ready to make a difference?
We are committed to being a good partner under Te Tiriti o Waitangi which includes working closely with iwi, hapū, whanau and hāpori.
We aspire to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to making Manatū Ahu Matua a great place to work for all.
In your cover letter we'd like to know about you, your values, your whakapapa; your interest and motivations for this role; the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation, which may have also been gained outside of the workforce.
To view the position description and/or apply online, please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. To apply, you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
If you have any questions about the role, please email Luke.Farrell@mpi.govt.nz
Applications close at midnight on Tuesday 7 February 2023.
Whāia ngā tūhononga ki MPI i konei – Follow MPI here
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Attachment:||Senior Intelligence Analyst JD.pdf (PDF, 324KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.