Business Support Coordinator at Ministry for Primary Industries, Wellington City
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Business Support Coordinator
Role type: Permanent
Salary band: $60,331 to $81,624 depending on skills and experience
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
We have a brand new role which has been set up to support our growing business unit – Agriculture & Investment Services.
This will be a busy role and you will need to be able to hit the ground running to respond to the changing needs of our business unit by providing administration and technical support to managers, internal teams and customers.
This role will require:
- Identifying, contributing, and facilitating system and process improvements
- Setting up new employees, making sure the team has the tools to do their job
- Logistical support and event related activities eg. Meetings, travel arrangements, staff onboarding
Mōu - About You
You will have an agile, adaptable nature, be comfortable self-managing your work and have had previous experience in the following areas:
- Experience in coordinating project related activities, resources and information
- Experience working with computer packages, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and electronic document management systems
- Knowledge of administration and business support systems and processes
- Have a customer centric approach along with great interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills
Mō te peka - About the Business Unit
Agriculture and Investment Services (AIS) work to create a thriving and sustainable future for farmers, growers, primary industries and rural communities, and caring for the health and wellbeing of animals.
Our people have expertise in regional and community support and development, Maori agribusiness, disaster recovery, and animal health and welfare. We also fund innovation and research – through sector, business, and community partnerships across our food and fibre industries.
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
We're passionate about growing prosperity in the sector while ensuring respect for Kaitiaki – guardianship of our natural resources.
Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua - Benefits of working at MPI
- Up to three additional leave days
- Wellness benefit for employees
- Reduced premiums for Group Healthcare Schemes
Learning & Development
- Comprehensive 3-day MPI Induction Programme
- Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organisation
- Study assistance may be available
Wā Mahi Ngāwari - Flexible Working
We support flexible working arrangements and are happy to discuss these options with you.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi whaitake? - Are you ready to make a difference?
We are committed to being a good partner under Te Tiriti o Waitangi which includes working closely with iwi, hapū, whanau and hāpori.
We aspire to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to making Manatū Ahu Matua a great place to work for all.
In your cover letter we'd like to know about you, your values, your whakapapa; your interest and motivations for this role; the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation, which may have also been gained outside of the workforce.
To view the position description and/or apply online, please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. To apply, you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
Applications close at midnight on 5th February
If you have any questions about the role, please email email@example.com
Whāia ngā tūhononga ki MPI i konei – Follow MPI here
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Attachment:||PD. Business Support Coordinator. Aug 2022.docx (Word, 236KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.