Cost Recovery Analyst/Senior Analyst at Ministry for Primary Industries, Wellington City
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Role Type: Permanent Full-Time
Salary Band: Senior Analyst: $92,073 - $124,570
Analyst: $68,781 - $93,056
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
We are looking for either a Senior Analyst or an Analyst to work in our Costing and Modelling team in the Cost Recovery Directorate.
The Costing and Modelling team works alongside Finance to maintain a view of memorandum accounts, cost recovery budgets and revenues and provide advice to support decisions about when charging reviews should be initiated. We also work alongside business accountants and with business groups to understand the operation of the business and associated costs and provide forecasts to support budget processes.
As a Senior Analyst/Analyst in Cost Recovery, you will help the team monitor the financial results for the fees and levies administered by MPI, provide financial and commercial advice to relevant business units, and present your findings to MPI's senior leadership team.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- To develop financial models to assist with Cost Recovery
- Manipulate and delve into data to understand the costs incurred by the various businesses
- Support charging activities and providing expert advice on cost recovery matters across the range of MPI's functions.
- Maintain oversight of cost models, and ensure they remain current and fit for purpose.
- Develop effective partnerships with internal stakeholders to support improved understanding of cost recovery financial performance.
- Ensure MPI is operating in accordance with Audit Office guidance, Treasury requirements, and commercial best practice.
Mōu - About You
We are looking for an enthusiastic analyst who enjoys helping other areas of the business achieve their goals. We're looking for someone with strong analytical skills/commercial mindset, results focussed, and a ‘can do' attitude.
We are seeking an applicant with the following skills/experience:
- Exceptional Microsoft excel and data modelling skills, able to manipulate data efficiently and accurately.
- Experience researching and analysing data
- Relevant tertiary qualification (ideally Finance/Economics/Commerce).
- Working knowledge of Power Query/BI is advantageous.
- A passion for transforming data into insights to support decision making.
- Highly professional, with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Keen to continuously develop your skills and experience across a wide range of businesses.
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
MPI provides services which are critical to protecting New Zealand's biodiversity and the success of the primary industries. Cost recovery policy is important for ensuring MPI has sufficient funding to effectively deliver these services, and ensuring the right people pay the right price for the right service.
The diverse nature of MPI keeps the work varied and interesting. The Cost Recovery Directorate works across all MPI branches and legislation to ensure the cost recovery regulations remain accurate and fit for purpose. This includes ensuring cost recovery is enabled in new legislation, the business units understand our charging practices, and opportunities are identified to amend regulations to make them simpler for Ministers, MPI and fee payers.
Ngā hua o te mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua - Benefits of working at MPI
- Annual Wellness payment
- Paid eye test and contribution to the costs of corrective lenses/frames
- Mentoring and coaching programmes
- Up to three days additional (MPI holidays) leave days
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi whaitake? - Are you ready to make a difference?
We are committed to being a good partner under Te Tiriti o Waitangi which includes working closely with iwi, hapū, whanau and hāpori.
We aspire to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to making Manatū Ahu Matua a great place to work for all.
In your cover letter we'd like to know about you, your interest and motivations for this role; the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation.
To view the position description and/or apply online, please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. To apply, you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
Applications close at midnight on Saturday, 1 April 2023.
If you have any questions about the role, please email George.Petherick@mpi.govt.nz
Whāia ngā tūhononga ki MPI i konei – Follow MPI here
Links to Facebook, MPI Careers, LinkedIn, Twitter
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Attachment:||Senior Adviser - Costing Modelling JD.pdf (PDF, 258KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.