Senior Adviser at Ministry for Primary Industries, Wellington City
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Role Type: Permanent, full-time
Salary Band: $96,073 to $128,570 depending on skills and experience
Kōrero mō te Tūranga - About the Role
A key area of focus for MPI is lifting our organisational capability to support the Māori/Crown relationship and to reflect a more diverse and capable workforce. This role sits in the Organisational Development team and will play a critical part in lifting our organisational capability by either leading or contributing to initiatives. This includes :
- The development and implementation of tools, resources and initiatives to support capability building
- Contribute to the review and update of our Māori Cultural Capability plans and initiatives
- Act as key liaison for external providers engaged to support our Māori capability building focus
- Contributing to initiatives that focus on recruitment and retention of Māori
This role will provide opportunity and scope to work in a collaborative way with other colleagues in the People and Capability function and across MPI as we progress our focus on Māori Crown capability and building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Mōu - About You
To be successful in this role you will need strong relationship management skills combined with the ability to deliver a work programme with and through others. You will also have :
- A good understanding and commitment to the role the public sector has in improving the Māori Crown relationship
- Experience in supporting Māori Crown cultural capability building initiatives
- Experience in programme development and implementation
- Te Ao Māori and te reo me ona tikanga Māori to a confident level
Mō tō mātou Rōpū - About the Team
The Organisational Development team sits within People and Capability and focuses on developing and implementing strategies, programmes and initiatives that ensure MPI has the people capability it needs to deliver strategic outcomes. This encompasses leadership, talent and culture related programmes. We are a passionate, dedicated and supportive team who focus on working in collaboration with colleagues across People and Capability and wider MPI to ensure what we do is fit for purpose and helping to make MPI a great place to work.
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
MPI works at the heart of Aotearoa and is strongly connected to the primary industries we work with and for. We are a large organisation, and the complexity and scope of work is incredibly invigorating and rewarding. You will be joining a team of experts with a breadth of experience, offering meaningful opportunities to embrace and work on complex challenges.
Ngā hua o te mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua - Benefits of working at MPI
- Flexible working - We support work life balance and flexible work arrangements wherever possible
- Additional 3 MPI departmental holiday's
- Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organisation
- Wellness benefit for employees
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi whaitake? - Are you ready to make a difference?
We are committed to being a good partner under Te Tiriti o Waitangi which includes working closely with iwi, hapū, whanau and hāpori.
We aspire to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to making Manatū Ahu Matua a great place to work for all.
In your cover letter we'd like to know about you, your values; your interest and motivations for this role; the abilities, strengths, personal attributes, and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation, which may have also been gained outside of the workforce.
To view the position description and/or apply online, please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. To apply, you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
Applications close at 11.59pm on 29 September
If you have any questions about the role, please email email@example.com
Whāia ngā tūhononga ki MPI i konei – Follow MPI here
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Category:||Human resources, recruitment & training|
|Attachment:||Senior Adviser (Maori Capability).pdf (PDF, 260KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.