Senior Analyst - Māori Operational Policy at Ministry for Primary Industries, National
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Job Title: Senior Analyst - Māori Operational Policy
Role type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary range: $96,073 to $128,570 depending on skills and experience
Kōrero mō te Tūranga - About the Role
The purpose of the role is to provide the Ministery for Primary Industries (MPI) with intellectual leadership in relation to the practical application of Te Aro Māori in regulatory frameworks and controls for forestry.
- Provide expert advice on Te Ao Māori regulatory frameworks and controls for forestry, opportunities for Māori forestry, and forestry mātauranga
- Provide expert guidance on achieving Crown responsibilities under Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Facilitate and/or support achievement of the aspirations of Māori and the Crown under Te Tiriti o Waitangi in relation to forestry land use, including in the context of climate change and adaptation
- Facilitate and/or support the application of Te Ao Māori regulatory frameworks and controls, including alignment with other MPI policy development
- Provide strong regulatory systems design skills that demonstrate an understanding of the strategic context, current policy agenda and priorities
Mōu - About You
You will have:
- Substantial knowledge and government agency experience of designing and implementing regulatory frameworks and controls.
- Substantial government agency experience developing/amending legislation/regulation.
- Substantial knowledge and experience of applying Te Ao Māori.
- Understanding of the forestry supply chain and forestry practices.
- Understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and Treaty principles.
- Significant experience of writing government agency papers and documents, including Cabinet papers, drafting instructions for Parliamentary Council Office, and public guidance.
- A strong track record of achievement of results.
You do not need to meet all of the role requirements to apply. We offer a breadth of development and learning opportunities and will welcome an application if you think you could make a great fit.
Mō tō mātou Rōpū - About the Team
We are here to enable the integrity of the forestry value chain (from soil to sale) for the inter-generational public interest to achieve sustainable environmental outcomes.
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
We're passionate about growing prosperity in the sector while ensuring respect for Kaitiaki – guardianship of our natural resources.
Ngā hua o te mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua - Benefits of working at MPI
- Additional MPI leave days
- Annual Wellness payment
- Reduced premiums for Group Healthcare Schemes
Wā Mahi Ngāwari - Flexible Working
We support flexible working arrangements and are happy to discuss these options with you.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi whaitake? - Are you ready to make a difference?
We are committed to being a good partner under Te Tiriti o Waitangi which includes working closely with iwi, hapū, whanau and hāpori.
We aspire to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to making Manatū Ahu Matua a great place to work for all.
In your cover letter we'd like to know about you, your values, your interest, and motivations for this role; the abilities, strengths, personal attributes, and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation, which may have also been gained outside of the workforce.
To view the position description and/or apply online, please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. To apply, you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
Applications close at midnight 29 November
If you have any questions about the role, please email Sophie.Hallett@mpi.govt.nz
Whāia ngā tūhononga ki MPI i konei – Follow MPI here
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Category:||Government, Policy, Planning & Regulation|
|Attachment:||Senior Analyst Maori Operational Policy PD MPI231760199.pdf (PDF, 234KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.