Team Leader Compliance Animal Welfare Analysis and Coordination at Ministry for Primary Industries, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Role Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Christchurch however other locations can be considered
Salary Range: $96,073 to $112,321 dependant on skills and experience
Kōrero mō te Tūranga - About the Role
The Team Leader Compliance Animal Welfare Analysis & Coordination is part of the Compliance & Response directorate within Agriculture & Investment Services.
You will lead a team of analysts and coordinators that provide intelligence and analytical support to coordinate the work of our Animal Welfare Inspectors and NAIT Officers.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Provide operational leadership and coordination for the efficient response to animal welfare complaints from the public and our Veterinarians based at export meat plants.
- Build an intelligence culture within Animal Welfare and NAIT Compliance. This will include collaborating your team and the wider directorate to design and implement intelligence methodologies and processes.
- Provide leadership and direction for the team, ensuring robust processes are followed and staff have learning and development opportunities.
- Provide analysis information for Official Information Act requests, management reports and performance reporting.
- Establish and maintain successful and productive stakeholder relationships with key parties.
Mōu - About You
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Previous experience in a regulation and enforcement position.
- Sound decision making as to the compliance intervention that will be taken (education warning, infringement or prosecution)
- People leadership experience, with the ability to build a strong team culture and get the best out of people.
- Exceptional relationship building and management skills with a variety of stakeholders, including external organisations, senior managers, and colleagues
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in the development and implementation of compliance and risk management strategies, plans, policies and procedures.
- Operational management skills including the development of plans and budgets, priorities, and processes to meet business objectives.
Mō tō mātou Rōpū - About the Team
The Compliance and Response Directorate has a focus on animal welfare and National Animal Identification and Tracing (NAIT) compliance, operational health and safety, and response planning for adverse events.
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) partners with New Zealand's food and fibre sector to be the world's most sustainable provider of high-value food and primary products.
We're passionate about growing prosperity in the sector while ensuring respect for Kaitiaki – guardianship of our natural resources.
Ngā hua o te mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua - Benefits of working at MPI
- Up to three additional (MPI holidays) leave days
- Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organisation
- Wellness benefit for employees
Wā Mahi Ngāwari - Flexible Working
We support flexible working arrangements and are happy to discuss these options with you.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi whaitake? - Are you ready to make a difference?
We are committed to being a good partner under Te Tiriti o Waitangi which includes working closely with iwi, hapū, whānau and hāpori.
We aspire to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to making Manatū Ahu Matua Ministry for Primary Industries a great place to work for all.
In your cover letter we'd like to know about you, your values, your interest and motivations for this role; the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation, which may have also been gained outside of the workforce.
To view the position description and/or apply online, please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. To apply, you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
Applications close at midnight on 3 December 2023
If you have any questions about the role, please email email@example.com
Whāia ngā tūhononga ki MPI i konei – Follow MPI here
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Attachment:||Job Description L6 Team Leader Animal Welfare Analysis Coordination.pdf (PDF, 353KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.