Child Development Therapist at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Whanganui, Manawatu / Whanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
CHILD DEVELOPMENT THERAPIST
- PHYSIOTHERAPIST OR OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST
- PERMANENT OPPORTUNITIY
- FLEXIBLE HOURS FROM 0.5 – 0.8 FTE
- RELOCATION ASSISTANCE CONSIDERED
Te Whatu Ora vaccination policy
As one of Aotearoa's largest employers of the health and disability workforce and a leader across the sector, Te Whatu Ora has and continues to have an obligation to ensure both the safety and wellbeing of its staff and patients.
Te Whatu Ora has an expectation that all new staff will be up to date with their vaccinations before they join Te Whatu Ora.
Te Whatu Ora - Whanganui serves a significant area incorporating Whanganui, Rangitikei, Ruapehu, Waimarino and Waiouru Wards. We currently have an opportunity for an experienced, suitably qualified, child and Whanau focussed professional, to join our close-knit Specialist Child Development Service.
Primarily this role provides assessment and treatment of children with disabilities and reaching identified goals determined by the family/Whanau.
This role requires the ability to develop outstanding therapeutic interpersonal relationships, as well as strong collegial team connections. A supportive, respectful, kind and considerate manner is also a requirement.
In addition, successful candidates will ideally possess the following skills and abilities:
- Relevant and current New Zealand Registered Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy qualifications and working towards or, the desire and commitment to acquire, the “Enable” credentials for wheelchairs and seating (WMPML1) and complex housing modification.
- A minimum of two years' experience as an Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist, or broad experience in a variety of therapy settings
- The ability to educate and provide information to parents and Whanau
For the right person, this position offers a challenging yet satisfying opportunity to make a very real difference to the lives of children and their Whanau.
To apply, please email your resume and supporting documentation to Julie.email@example.com. quoting the position title and job reference number in the subject line.
Applications close: 9 October 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Whanganui|
|Location:||Manawatu / Whanganui|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||JD Occupational Therapist.pdf (PDF, 485KB)
About Te Whatu Ora - Whanganui 2022.pdf (PDF, 192KB)
wdhb-application-form-November 2021.pdf (PDF, 111KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.