Child Health Navigator at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Whanganui, Manawatu / Whanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
CHILD HEALTH NAVIGATOR
- NEWLY CREATED OPPORTUNITY
- FULL TIME - 12 MONTH FIXED TERM
- RN OR ALLIED HEALTH PROFESSIONAL
Te Whatu Ora vaccination policy
As one of Aotearoa's largest employers of the health and disability workforce and a leader across the sector, Te Whatu Ora has and continues to have an obligation to ensure both the safety and wellbeing of its staff and patients.
Te Whatu Ora has an expectation that all new staff will be up to date with their vaccinations before they join Te Whatu Ora.
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, Whanganui, serves a significant area incorporating Whanganui, Rangitikei, Ruapehu, Waimarino and Waiouru Wards. A newly created Child Health Navigator opportunity exists in Maternal, Child and Youth Services (MCYS). This pivotal role will enable holistic assessment to understand tamariki needs and whānau priorities to determine and connect with appropriate support pathways, both city and rural.
It will contribute towards improved access, and equity of access, for tamariki aged 0 – 15 years. Specifically, the role will contribute to:
- Reducing the navigation burden for whanau through improved collaboration and coordination across child health departments and primary care.
- Supporting efficient use of child health resources by having better information for triage and planning where children have multiple and complex needs and reducing DNAs.
- Improving access and equity of access by increasing referrer confidence to make timely referrals and supporting greater engagement with child health services.
This role requires the ability to develop whakawhanaungatanga, building sound, trusting interpersonal relationships, as well as strong collegial team connections. A supportive, respectful, kind and considerate manner is also a requirement.
In addition, the successful candidate will ideally possess the following skills and abilities:
- Relevant and current New Zealand Registration under the HPCA Act, either registered nurse or registered allied health professional, with a current practicing certificate.
- A minimum of three years' clinical experience working within the child health sector.
- Demonstrated knowledge and abilities to effectively network, navigate, assess, and access multiple support services across secondary and primary care.
- Sound computer literacy working with Microsoft and patient management applications.
- A current New Zealand Drivers' Licence
For the right person, this position offers a challenging yet satisfying opportunity to make a very real difference to the lives of tamariki and their whānau.
To apply, please email your resume and supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position title and job reference number in the subject line.
Applications close: 2nd October 2022
Interviews to be held week of 10 – 14 October 2022
Vacancy Ref: 09-CHNA-5303
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Whanganui|
|Location:||Manawatu / Whanganui|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachment:||Child Health Navigator Position Description September 2022.pdf (PDF, 390KB)
wdhb-application-form-November 2021.pdf (PDF, 111KB)
About Te Whatu Ora - Whanganui 2022.pdf (PDF, 192KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.