ICT SECURITY SPECIALIST at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Whanganui, Manawatu / Whanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Full time permanent position
- New Zealand based
- Data and Digital Health Services
Te Whatu Ora vaccination policy
As one of Aotearoa's largest employers of the health and disability workforce and a leader across the sector, Te Whatu Ora has and continues to have an obligation to ensure both the safety and wellbeing of its staff and patients.
Te Whatu Ora has an expectation that all new staff will be up to date with their vaccinations before they join Te Whatu Ora.
Te Whatu Ora New Zealand Health, Whanganui serves a significant area incorporating Whanganui, Rangitikei, Ruapehu, Waimarino and Waiouru Wards. Our ICT Operations department is seeking a suitably qualified, experienced ICT Security Specialist to anticipate security breaches, monitor systems for security vulnerabilities and resolve critical/high priority security incidents and events.
This largely autonomous role will assume responsibility for assisting to bring about meaningful change to service delivery within our business and identify opportunities to keep our community safe.
The successful candidate will ideally possess the following attributes and skills:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant field.
- Cybersecurity or Information Security certifications (e.g.CompTIA Security+, CISSP Server, AZ-101,AZ-500, ISACA Cybersecurity Fundamentals).
- Knowledge of government security guidelines (e.g NZISM) strongly desired
- Vendor specific IT security certifications (e.g.Microsoft) desirable.
- A minimum of three years' IT security experience in large, complex organisations.
- Broad experience in IT operations, willing to tackle demanding tasks and take ownership.
- A passion for all things digital/ICT.
- A positive, highly organised, motivated “can do” approach with an eye for spotting opportunities to deliver value to our patients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility with hours of work to support a 24 x 7 x 365 organisation.
- A team focussed, collaborative outlook.
- A current clean NZ driver's license.
With a preference for this role being Whanganui based, for the right person, we are open to considering remote location within New Zealand and will also consider relocation assistance.
For a committed, dedicated, resilient self-starter, this role offers well defined career prospects, ongoing education, personal development, and an opportunity to contribute and be part of the significant changes within the Health sector.
A salary range of $110,000.00 - $130,000.00 is being offered dependant on qualifications and experience.
To apply, please email your resume and supporting documentation in PDF format to email@example.com quoting the position title and job reference number in the subject line.
Applications close Wednesday 5 October 2022
Vacancy Ref: 09-CYSA-5900
Applicants are encouraged to apply promptly as Te Whatu Ora - Whanganui will review applications progressively and potentially close applications earlier than indicated if a suitable candidate has been identified.
International applicants may be considered if no New Zealand applicants are identified and if you are suitably qualified and meet the necessary immigration requirements ANZSCO262112. (Please refer to Green List on NZ Immigration webpage). No immigration assistance will be provided by Te Whatu Ora - Whanganui, however we are an accredited employer.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Whanganui|
|Location:||Manawatu / Whanganui|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||About Te Whatu Ora - Whanganui 2022.pdf (PDF, 192KB)
wdhb-application-form-November 2021.pdf (PDF, 111KB)
ICT Security Specialist PD.pdf (PDF, 432KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.