Clinical Pharmacist at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Whanganui, Manawatu / Whanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Whanganui Hospital Pharmacy Department
Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand Whanganui
Employment Type: Full time
Te Whatu Ora vaccination policy
As one of Aotearoa's largest employers of the health and disability workforce and a leader across the sector, Te Whatu Ora has and continues to have an obligation to ensure both the safety and wellbeing of its staff and patients.
Te Whatu Ora has an expectation that all new staff will be up to date with their vaccinations before they join Te Whatu Ora.
We are looking for an enthusiastic pharmacist to join our friendly and supportive team. You will have the opportunity to provide clinical pharmacy services in a variety of areas and participate in quality improvement activities and projects.
Whanganui hospital has ward-based pharmacy technicians gathering patient medication histories, allowing pharmacists more time to focus on providing clinical services, improving patient outcomes and ensuring optimal medicines utilisation.
As a small team you will be encouraged and supported to have a go at everything, which will both challenge and extend your clinical experience and skills.
The pharmacy department actively encourages all staff to be working at the top of their scope and is committed to providing support for on-going professional development. There is no better place to move your career forward.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has excellent communication skills (in both verbal and written language) and the ability to adapt communication to the needs of the audience
- Is a team player
- Has a calm, mature approach
- Is be able to demonstrate entry level clinical skills and knowledge or above.
- has well-developed time management and problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritise tasks and adapt to an ever changing health environment
- has a high degree of accuracy
- be computer literate
- be registered or be eligible for registration with the Pharmacy Council of New Zealand and hold a current Annual Practising Certificate
Previous experience in a hospital pharmacy setting is advantageous but not essential. An extensive programme and support will be provided from the pharmacy team to orientate you to hospital pharmacy practices.
Applications close: 4th October 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Whanganui|
|Location:||Manawatu / Whanganui|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||Clinical Pharmacist 2022.pdf (PDF, 389KB)
About Whanganui District Health Board.pdf (PDF, 178KB)
wdhb-application-form-November 2021.pdf (PDF, 111KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.