Solutions Architect at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Whanganui, Manawatu / Whanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Data & Digital Services – Health
- Permanent, Full time role
- Based in Whanganui
- Remote / Work from home considered
Are you a Solutions Architect with experience in solution designs and implementation for complex environments using a large variety of applications in an environment that runs 24/7 with a diverse mix of infrastructure and cloud services and architectures?
Want to leave the rat race of the big city? Have a passion for making a difference to the health outcomes of New Zealanders? This is your opportunity to join the team of highly motivated ICT professionals in the Digital Services team at Whanganui Hospital as an ICT Solutions Architect.
The Whanganui Hospital's Digital Services team offers well-defined career paths, ongoing education, personal development and super work life balance. We are searching for an experienced and motivated Cyber Security Analyst to join us on a permanent full-time basis.
About the role:
At Digital Services no two days are the same. Whether you are helping bring about meaningful change to the way we deliver our service to the business, or identifying opportunities to keep our community safe, every day brings the opportunity to contribute to projects that make a positive difference. The Solutions Architect is responsible for the design of integrated solutions to meet current and future business needs, driven by addressing the design requirements of initiatives presented to the ICT team.
The solution architect ensures solutions adhere to agreed design principles and practices, fully address the needs of the solution stakeholders, and incorporate the requirements from Enterprise Architecture, ICT technology roadmaps, security and privacy, and operational considerations including standard operating procedures, and monitoring/management of capacity and availability.
This role is primarily accountable for:
- Ensures solutions fully address the requirements and adhere to required standards and policies
- Develops standard practices and models to enable the efficient and effective design on solutions that meet the required standards and guidelines.
- Participates in regional and national architecture forums, establishing common architecture principles that enable interoperability and the use of shared services
- Support the governance of Architecture through participation in architecture/design reviews and management forums.
- Regularly review and contribute to initiatives in the innovation pipeline, identifying options and providing ideas that may assist in advancing other initiatives
- Records and shares knowledge gained through knowledge management practices.
You are an ICT professional with an in-depth understanding of how technology can help us, and our clients achieve our goals. In this role you'll be collaborating with our Digital, Data, Clinical, Project management, and Business teams to deliver high quality solutions that result in the improvement of the health outcomes of the people of the region and NZ.
You are the type of person who takes pride in the work that you deliver and will have a passion for working with people to achieve great outcomes. You have:
- A real passion for all things digital/ICT and thrive on a challenge.
- You are a highly organised, motivated and passionate person who is willing to tackle demanding tasks and take ownership.
- Be able to deal with ambiguity.
- Have a genuine human-centred approach, with a desire to make a difference.
- You have friendly, positive 'can-do' approach but can be firm when the need arises.
- You'll have an eye for anticipating stakeholder needs, spotting opportunities and delivering value to our patients.
- You enjoy working and delivering as part of a team, as well as helping others to deliver their best.
- You can quickly learn new systems and processes, identify opportunities for improvement and enjoy assisting in developing and implementing appropriate change.
Skills and Experience:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant field (preferred).
- Minimum 3 years experience in IT solutions architecture roles, preferably with experience in Health and/or NZ Government.
- Good understanding of solution architecture practice.
- Familiar with enterprise architecture concepts.
- Deep knowledge in one or more relevant technical domains (e.g. infrastructure, cloud services, data, networks, security, application development, etc)
- Breadth of knowledge across a range of IT areas (e.g. service delivery, operations, design & architecture, requirements gathering, customer engagement)
- A good understanding and experience of service delivery principles
- Broad range of understanding of the operation and management Microsoft Windows, application management, IT networking, and cloud technologies.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate technical directions in simple, clear language.
- Experience in the health sector is desirable
To apply, please email your resume and supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position title and job reference number in the subject line.
Applications Close: 27 November 2022
Vacancy Number: 10SADS5900
Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible and before the closing date - the WDHB will review applications received and interview suitable candidates following application. This vacancy will potentially close earlier than indicated if a suitable candidate has been identified
Te Whatu Ora vaccination policy
As one of Aotearoa's largest employers of the health and disability workforce and a leader across the sector, Te Whatu Ora has and continues to have an obligation to ensure both the safety and wellbeing of its staff and patients.
Te Whatu Ora has an expectation that all new staff will be up to date with their vaccinations before they join Te Whatu Ora.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Whanganui|
|Location:||Manawatu / Whanganui|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||Solutions Architect SFIA PD.pdf (PDF, 390KB)
About Te Whatu Ora - Whanganui 2022.pdf (PDF, 192KB)
Application form October 2022.pdf (PDF, 183KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.