Geriatrician at MidCentral District Health Board (Palmerston North), Manawatu / Whanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- A full-time (1.0 FTE) specialist geriatrician
The specialist geriatrician will join our experienced team of geriatricians, nurses and allied health professionals.
This is an exciting time for older people in our district. In collaboration with our partners in primary care, MDHB has in recent times implemented a range of initiatives to enable older people to live well with frailty:
- Multi-disciplinary Older People's Assessment & Liaison (OPAL) teams - supporting our Integrated Family Health Centres/GP teams on a locality basis to proactively manage older people with frailty
- An Interface Geriatrics service to enable ‘front door' geriatric assessment in the Emergency Department and Medical Admissions and Planning Unit
- An acute care unit for older people with frailty incorporating an OPAL unit – Older People's Acute Assessment & Liaison (OPAL) unit
- An expanded Ortho-geriatric liaison service
Situated in the lower half of the North Island of New Zealand, the Manawatu region offers visitors and residents a unique mix of lifestyle by combining rural charm with the convenience of sophisticated living. Palmerston North in the centre of the Manawatu is a beautiful location, with all modern services and luxuries expected of vibrant cities, including a shopping plaza, a Globe theatrical centre, the Regent and Centre Point theatres, and dozens of hotels/motels, giving Palmerston North a reputation as a conference hub. Palmerston North tertiary education is provided by Massey University and the International Pacific College. We have excellent primary, intermediate and secondary schooling, both public and private, mixed and single sex. Cost of living is reasonable, housing very affordable, and rural living with stunning views only minutes from town is very achievable.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||MidCentral District Health Board (Palmerston North)|
|Location:||Manawatu / Whanganui|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||Geriatrician.pdf (PDF, 741KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.