Administration Officer at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Manawatu-Whanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent, part-time vacancy
- Working 20 hours a week
- Located in Palmerston North
Do you have the motivation, skills, flexibility and professionalism to become an Administration Officer within Ara Poutama Aotearoa, Department of Corrections?
This could be just the opportunity you are looking for!
We are currently looking for a part-time, permanent Administration Officer, to join our team at our Palmerston North Psychological Services Office.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
In this busy and varied role, you will be provide a range of administrative services to a large group of Psychologists and the team manager.
Key responsibilities involve a wide range of administrative services including;
- Assisting with file management systems
- Organising staff travel and accommodation
- Coordinating meetings and minute-taking.
- Liaising with organisations and services we work with
- Purchasing materials
- Record management and ensuring correspondence, reports and other documentation meet Department timelines and standards
In this busy role you will enjoy working collaboratively as one team in a challenging and fast paced environment, be able to multitask, remain adaptable, follow and adhere to policies and procedures, and have sound judgement in prioritising tasks and activities to meet deadlines.
This is a part-time position; you will be working 20 hours a week.
Please note the job description that is attached to this role is a generic description and the above is specific job expectations.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
The preferred candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Good experience and knowledge of office administration
- Resilience when dealing with difficult situations in changing environments and a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- The ability to organise effectively, be adaptable, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent customer facing and communication skills will be required to participate in Reception roster as required
- Good knowledge of computer software and database systems including Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel), with the ability to learn new systems quickly
If you have the skills and experience that we are looking for and can hit the ground running, then we would love to hear from you!
You will need a full New Zealand Driver Licence for this role.
Applicants must be a New Zealand citizen, New Zealand Resident Permit holder, Australian citizen or an Australian resident who holds a current Australian Resident Return Visa.
Utu ā-tau | Salary
The mid-point of the salary range is $49,348 and the full range (85%-120%) is $ 46,429 - $55,203 Prorated. Appointment and remuneration will reflect skills and experience relevant to the role.
Mō mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu.
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://arapoutama.page.link/Eit5).
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter (PDF) by the closing date of Sunday 2nd October (11pm NZST) describing your motivation for joining the department highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
All applications must be submitted through our careers site to ensure transparency. Applications received via email will not be considered.
If you want to find out more about a career with us, visit careers.corrections.govt.nz or email our team at email@example.com.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Attachment:||Administration Officer job description - Service Centre.pdf (PDF, 35KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.