Corrections Officers - Whanganui Prison at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Manawatu-Whanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Join our Frontline whanau at Whanganui Prison
- We're recruiting for new employees to start in our 2023 training intake
- Your opportunity to embark on a challenging and rewarding career!
Mō mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu.
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://arapoutama.nz/hokairangi)
About the role | Mō te tūnga
The role of a Corrections Officer is about influencing offenders to make the right choices, take the right action at the right time and support their pathway towards an offence-free lifestyle. Our Correction Officers, both men and women, come from all walks of life and bring a wide range of attributes and life experiences with them. In this job your contribution counts, you can have a positive effect on the lives of others and public safety. It's more challenging, more interesting and more rewarding than you can imagine.
To be eligible you need:
- The right to work in New Zealand or a NZ Work Visa with at least 12 months remaining on it from your commencement date with us
- A full or restricted New Zealand Driver Licence (holders of an International Licence are also eligible to apply)
- To declare any conﬂicts of interest and previous convictions and/or affiliations with people who have criminal associations
- The ability to pass a drug test
- To be medically ﬁt for employment and complete a Medical Assessment and Physical Readiness Assessment
In line with our Strategy Hōkai Rangi, we are prioritising applications from people who have experience in a Kaupapa Māori or Pasifika environment and/or a willingness to learn. Please highlight any relevant experience and/or language skills in your application.
We are looking for a diverse range of candidates, from different cultures with varied backgrounds and experience. Our standards are high so should you apply to join us you will undergo a comprehensive selection process that will assess you against our core requirements. You'll then complete a residential eleven week initial training course. In return you'll get opportunities for professional development, promotion and the ability to gain recognised qualifications in Offender Management.
Starting salary $59,519, increasing as you achieve national qualifications Level 3 ($64,197) and Level 4 ($69,363).
All candidates are required to complete a full disclosure criminal history check.
Note: The Criminal History Check is Exempt from The Clean Slate Act. In other words, the Clean Slate Act does not apply to this position. Please declare any and all offences in your application.
About you | Mōu
We are seeking candidates who;
- Are passionate about helping others and want to work in a people related role
- Are positive role models within their community
- Understand and demonstrate our departmental Values of Whanau, Kaitiaki, Rangatira, Manaaki and Wairua
- Possess skills and experience relevant to working in a varied and challenging environment
- Demonstrate strong integrity and high safety awareness
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a CV and a Cover Letter describing your motivation for joining the department highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
It is an exciting time to join us and we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whānau. All applications must be submitted through our careers site to ensure transparency. Applications received via email will not be considered.
Applications close Friday 21st April 2023
Please note – if you have recently applied for a Corrections Officer role at another of our sites across New Zealand, do not respond to this advertisement. Instead, please phone our Recruitment Team on 0800 437 668 to discuss your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Category:||Defence, corrections & security|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.