Senior Physiotherapist at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Whanganui, Manawatu / Whanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te Whatu Ora - Whanganui
Permanent, Fulltime (Rostered, Rotating and on-call)
We have the opportunity for a motivated physiotherapist to join a dynamic and progressive team as our full-time Senior Physiotherapist.
This position primarily provides a varied case load of inpatient ward work including being part of the ED Interdisciplinary Assessment Team (IAT) and community outpatient work with the primary focus of admission prevention and supported discharge. This role includes working closely with other MDT members and co-ordinating junior rotational physiotherapists, physiotherapy students and therapy assistants, as well as the monitoring and developing of best practice for this service. There is also scope to grow into physiotherapists into special interest areas such as older adult, pelvic health or lymphoedema.
- New Zealand Registered Physiotherapist
- 3-5 year's working experience (minimum of 2 years' experience as a physiotherapist in the acute wards field).
- Enjoy working alongside other MDT members with a transdisciplinary team approach.
- Able to build strong relationships with the clients and whanau and community networks.
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Good communicator, written and oral
- Motivated to maintain high level of knowledge and skill
- Able to supervise students and junior rotational physiotherapists
- Cultural sensitivity
• We offer on-going support and training
• We can mentor you in a very supportive team
• We provide regular in-services and opportunities for funded external courses to enhance your Continued Professional Development
• Relocation package for appropriate candidates
The Whanganui region is experiencing significant growth, being closely located to larger centres but maintaining a strong community approach. It is located on the Whanganui river, close to both sea and mountains, offering wonderful outdoor lifestyle opportunities. It also embraces a strong artistic community. Housing remains affordable compared to many of the larger cities, yet still boasts educational institutions with international reputation.
If you would like more information regarding this role, please feel free to contact
Kirstin Glasgow, Clinical Manager of Physiotherapy, on 021 350 461.
For more information, please contact the Recruitment Coordinator on email@example.com or (06) 348 8911
Vacancy Number: 03SNPT5670
Applications close: 14 April 2023
Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible and before the closing date - Whanganui Hospital will review applications received and interview suitable candidates following application. This vacancy will potentially close earlier than indicated if a suitable candidate has been identified
Te Whatu Ora vaccination policy
As one of Aotearoa's largest employers of the health and disability workforce and a leader across the sector, Te Whatu Ora has and continues to have an obligation to ensure both the safety and wellbeing of its staff and patients.
Te Whatu Ora has an expectation that all new staff will be up to date with their vaccinations before they join Te Whatu Ora.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Whanganui|
|Location:||Manawatu / Whanganui|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||2023 Senior Physiotherapist position description.pdf (PDF, 432KB)
About Te Whatu Ora - Whanganui 2023.pdf (PDF, 178KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.