Magnetic Resonance Imaging - Medical Imaging Technologist (MIT) at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Pae Hauora o Ruahine o Tararua MidCentral, Manawatu / Whanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Located in the Central Lower North Island; Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand Te Pae Hauora o Ruahine o Tararua MidCentral (MidCentral) provides healthcare services to over 180,000 people across the Manawatū, Horowhenua and Tararua regions. With a large hospital campus at Palmerston North, it also provides key health care and support services to neighbouring communities.
About the Role
We are seeking qualified and experienced MRI technologists for casual positions within MRI Medical Imaging, Palmerston North Hospital. Your availability should include a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends.
You will be joining a team of around 60 MIT's: including MRI, CT, General, NM and Sonographers.
Site specific orientation will be provided as required.
Some of your responsibilities
• Conducting MRI patient examinations to a high standard
• Maintaining accurate patient data and ensuring all administrative processes are complete including paperwork for all exams.
• Practicing procedures in an ethical and professional manner, ensuring health and safety regulations are met
• Providing supervision and training for our MRI trainee (as required).
We are a teaching hospital, offering a very supportive learning environment, encouraging professional development and education.
To be successful in this role, you will apply your knowledge and professionalism to maintain clinical excellence and outstanding patient care. You will demonstrate integrity and contribute to a positive work environment.
You will also have:
• NZ registration and a current annual practicing certificate in MRI
• Excellent interpersonal skills: communication, team effectiveness, and the ability to work collaboratively
• Excellent time management skills, including initiative and flexibility.
• IV-line access skills
• A great learning environment where you will continue to grow and be challenged
• Fantastic culture and team environment
• Professional development
• Discounted services with local businesses
If you have the required expertise and are looking for your next move, then we want to hear from you!
How to apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (by submitting your cover letter and CV), please click “APPLY NOW.” For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career portal.
For any questions regarding this vacancy or your application, Please contact Maree Loynes – Allied Health Recruitment Specialist - email@example.com
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible so may withdraw the advert if the perfect candidate is found before the expiry date.
We strive to be a place where people love to work and learn. We aim to develop a diverse team that reflects the communities that we serve and we welcome people of all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, religious and political beliefs, socio-economic situations and accessibility needs. MidCentral actively seeks Māori into our workforce to reflect the community we serve.
MidCentral requires ALL employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including the first booster vaccination). We will not accept applications that do not meet this criteria.
Most positions are defined as a Core Children's worker under the Children's Act and require full safety checks completed before employment commences.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Pae Hauora o Ruahine o Tararua MidCentral|
|Location:||Manawatu / Whanganui|
|Attachment:||Trainee-MRI-MRT.pdf (PDF, 618KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.