Clinical Physiologist, Neurophysiology Service at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Pae Hauora o Ruahine o Tararua MidCentral, Manawatu / Whanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand Te Pae Hauora o Ruahine o Tararua MidCentral (MidCentral) provides healthcare services to over 180,000 people across the Manawatū, Horowhenua and Tararua regions. With a large hospital campus at Palmerston North, it also provides key health care and support services to neighbouring communities.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full time Clinical Physiologist to join the multidisciplinary team within the Neurophysiology service at Palmerston North Hospital, MidCentral.
The successful applicant will be responsible for conducting EEGs, and Nerve Conduction Studies. If you have experience in this area and are keen to work within this supportive and friendly team, this is an opportunity not to be missed.
The primary objectives of this role are to:
- Perform a wide range of quality diagnostic testing in both EEG studies and Nerve Conduction Studies.
- Maintain competency in EEGS and NCS and actively participate in Continuing Professional Development and Peer Reviews.
- Ensure an optimal standard of EEG/Neurophysiology testing and treatment is maintained.
- Provide a technical report for EEGs and NCS.
- Ensure that all neurology testing equipment throughout the organisation is well maintained and in optimum working order.
- Ensure laboratory quality system documents are developed and updated.
- Effective and efficient management of the neurology laboratories.
Essential qualifications and registrations include:
- Bachelor of Science of Medical Technology or equivalent e.g. Higher National Diploma
- Registered or eligible to be registered on Clinical Physiologist Registration Board (CPRB) and hold an APC.
- Member or eligible to become a member of NZSNT (New Zealand Society of Neurology Technologists)
- Commitment to ongoing personal development, professional development and service improvement.
If you have experience in conducting EEGs and Nerve Conduction Studies and are looking for a change then we have the job for you!
Come and join us
Employing over 2500 people, MidCentral offers a supportive work environment that accepts and values all employees. We actively seek Māori kaimahi into our workforce and provide an environment which delivers our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
MidCentral region offers an excellent lifestyle for families with scenic spots for hiking and mountain-biking, great schools and tertiary institutions. With the mountains, city and sea at your doorstep, you'll get to taste the best of both worlds – the perfect blend of rural and city living.
- An encouraging learning environment where you will continue to grow and be challenged
- A professional and supportive culture and team setting
- Fulfilling and challenging work with great lifestyle options
- Tailored wellness programmes
How to apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (by submitting your cover letter and CV), please click “APPLY NOW.” For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career portal.
For more information – Please contact Maree Loynes, Recruitment Specialist (Allied Health) on 0273841708 or Email email@example.com
We strive to be a place where people love to work and learn. We aim to develop a diverse team that reflects the communities that we serve and we welcome people of all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, religious and political beliefs, socio-economic situations and accessibility needs.
MidCentral actively seeks Māori into our workforce to reflect the community we serve.
Some positions are defined as a Core Children's worker under the Children's Act and require full safety checks completed before employment commences.
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible so may withdraw the advert if the perfect candidate is found before the expiry date.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Pae Hauora o Ruahine o Tararua MidCentral|
|Location:||Manawatu / Whanganui|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||Clinical-Physiologist-Neurology.pdf (PDF, 426KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.