Operations Lead - Acute and Specialist Mental Health & Addictions Services at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Pae Hauora o Ruahine o Tararua MidCentral, Manawatu / Whanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te Pae Hauora o Ruahine o Tararua MidCentral (MidCentral) is part of Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand and provides healthcare services to over 180,000 people across the Manawatū, Horowhenua and Tararua regions. With a large hospital campus in Palmerston North, it also provides key health care and support services to neighbouring communities.Te Uru Ruahī (Mental Health & Addictions services) is responsible for the commissioning and delivery of primary, specialist, and community Mental health & addiction services across a diverse urban and rural population of 186,000 people.
Te Uru Rauhi, Mental Health, and Addictions Services (MHAS) provide treatment for and connection to recovery-orientated services for individuals experiencing mental illness or addiction issues. Services are delivered across the continuum of lifespan, both regionally and locally, and include specialist community MH&A teams, inpatient services, crisis response, acute alternatives, and specially designed residential programmes.
Te Uru Ruahī has embarked on a programme of transformational change which sees a fundamental shift in the way services will be delivered. This sees services move towards a wellness and recovery-focused approach in our community that prioritises access, choice, and care closer to home. The change sees significant investment into digital technologies and new infrastructure including the construction of a new “greenfield” state-of-the-art acute inpatient unit.
To support the Integrated Model of Care we are seeking to appoint an Operations Lead for Acute and Specialist MH&A services. Reporting to the Operations Executive you will lead the delivery of safe, efficient and comprehensive contemporary high quality, person/whānau centered clinical services.
- Contribute to strategic and service planning process, that align with the directorate plan and the broader health reforms
- Grow and develop front line clinical leadership, promoting an enabling and responsive approach to leadership
- Provide operational management of the acute and specialist mental health and addiction services.
- Drive the implementation of integrated clinical pathways that align with the acute model of care and new acute inpatient unit.
- Working in partnership with the leadership team to implement the programme of transformational change culminating in the integration of mental health and addiction services across the continuum of care
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant clinical qualification in mental health addictions and master's qualification or have at least 5 years' experience within Mental Health Addictions services at a senior management level.
- Knowledge and experience of integrated care approaches within mental health and addictions.
- Track record in leading and managing positive change.
- Understanding off and experience in addressing equity issues across the sector including, but not limited to Māori Health.
- An encouraging learning environment where you will continue to grow and be challenged
- A professional and supportive culture and team setting
- Fulfilling and challenging work with great lifestyle options
- Tailored wellness programmes
Come and join us!
Employing over 2500 people, MidCentral offers a supportive work environment that accepts and values all employees. We actively seek Māori kaimahi into our workforce and provide an environment which delivers our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
MidCentral region offers an excellent lifestyle for families with scenic spots for hiking and mountain-biking, great schools and tertiary institutions. With the mountains, city and sea at your doorstep, you'll get to taste the best of both worlds – the perfect blend of rural and city living.
MH&A service are predominately based in Palmerston North. For more information about living and working in Manawatu visit Manawatū & Palmerston North and Careers at Te Whatu Ora MidCentral (mdhb.health.nz)
How to apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (by submitting your cover letter and CV), please click “APPLY NOW.” For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted online.
For more information – Please contact Maree Loynes, Recruitment Specialist (Allied Health) on email@example.com
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible so may withdraw the advert if the perfect candidate is found before the expiry date.
We strive to be a place where people love to work and learn. We aim to develop a diverse team that reflects the communities that we serve and we welcome people of all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, religious and political beliefs, socio-economic situations and accessibility needs. MidCentral actively seeks Māori into our workforce to reflect the community we serve.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Pae Hauora o Ruahine o Tararua MidCentral
|Manawatu / Whanganui
|Permanent Full time
119 - 140
|Operations-Lead-MHAS VID 7133.pdf (PDF, 456KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.