PGY1 House Officer Feb/Mar 24 at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Whanganui, Manawatu / Whanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūranga - About the Role
Te Whatu Ora Whanganui is seeking applications from NZ Graduates and NZRex Doctors wanting to progress their career to join our friendly team as a PGY1 House Officer
Te Whatu Ora Whanganui serves a population of approximately 60,000, performing 4,000 procedures annually in three elective theatres and one acute theatre.
- Excellent support and opportunities for development through a high level of SMO contact and supervision
- The opportunity to work in a modern facility
- A professional and supportive culture and team setting
- Fulfilling and challenging work with great lifestyle options
Ko o tatou painga – Our Benefits
- In-House professional development
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working practices (e.g. we support work life balance and flexible work arrangements whenever possible)
- Highly rewarding role and opportunity to make a difference!
Mōu ake - About you
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand or be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility for registration by visiting the Council's website at www.mcnz.org.nz
- A minimum of two years post qualification experience.
- You must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, highly organised and be an excellent communicator
Utu whānui -Salary range
This role is covered by the terms and conditions of New Zealand Resident Doctors' Association & 20 DHB Multi Employer Collective 17 May 2021 - 31 March 2024 (NZRDA MECA) and Specialty Trainees of New Zealand and 20 District Health Boards Multi Employer Collective Agreement 14 December 2021 - 13 December 2023 (the STONZ MECA).
Ko wai mātou | Who are we
Our vision is He Hāpori Ora - Thriving Communities, with our mission being 'to improve health and independence through a responsive and integrated health system'.
Whanganui is situated on the west coast of New Zealand's lower North Island. It's location on the historically significant and beautiful Whanganui River, and close proximity to the mountains, makes it ideal for tramping, skiing, fishing and a variety of outdoor adventure pursuits. Whanganui proudly boasts a heritage rich in arts and culture, and excellent educational and sports training facilities. We offer a relaxed lifestyle, affordable housing, an easy commute to work, and an easy two-and-a-half hour drive to New Zealand's capital city, Wellington. Whatever your interests, Whanganui can offer an excellent work / lifestyle balance.
Our population is big enough to support ground-breaking ambitions and small enough for authentic connection. Whanganui's hospitality, like our river, is legendary: we look forward to welcoming you.
If you are interested in applying or just want to know more you can email me at Kent.Wilkins@wdhb.org.nz or click on “Apply Now”.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Whanganui
|Manawatu / Whanganui
|Permanent Full time
|About Te Whatu Ora - Whanganui 2022.pdf (PDF, 192KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.