Specialty Clinical Nurse, Emergency Mental Health Palmerston North Hospital at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Pae Hauora o Ruahine o Tararua MidCentral, Manawatu / Whanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te Pae Hauora o Ruahine o Tararua MidCentral (MidCentral) is part of Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand and provides healthcare services to over 180,000 people across the Manawatū, Horowhenua and Tararua regions. With a large hospital campus in Palmerston North, it also provides key health care and support services to neighbouring communities.
Te Uru Rauhi, Mental Health and Addictions service are looking for a Senior Nurse to work within the Emergency Department at Palmerston North Hospital, providing support and assessment to mental health whaiora.
This role is a permanent role, available for up to 1.0FTE with flexibility around hours and shifts worked.
For this position we are looking for an experienced clinician who can:
- Provide a responsive service to whānau whaiora that present in distress at the Emergency Department Palmerston North Hospital.
- Function autonomously, and working alongside the Emergency Department team, providing support to whaiora that are presenting in distress, as well as acting as a resource for the ED team.
- Identify needs of whaiora and support them to engage with community organisations, both primary and secondary.
- Educate staff on the needs of people presenting with mental health distress, and also advocate for these whaiora to have medical needs met where necessary.
- Show that they have a strong equity focus.
- Encourage awareness of the mental health needs of all whaiora presenting at the Emergency Department.
- Registered Nurse
- Current New Zealand Annual Practicing certificate
- Duly Authorised Officer
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly
- Proficient or Expert PDRP
- Understanding of relevant legislation and policies
- Previous experience working within medical or surgical fields
- Teaching experience
Should this position interest you, please apply and included a cover letter and current CV demonstrating your suitability for this position to Matt Carter – email@example.com
If you would like to discuss details of this position further, then please contact Matt on 027 282 7137.
Come and join us
Employing over 2500 people, MidCentral offers a supportive work environment that accepts and values all employees. We actively seek Māori kaimahi into our workforce and provide an environment which delivers our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
MidCentral region offers an excellent lifestyle for families with scenic spots for hiking and mountain-biking, great schools and tertiary institutions. With the mountains, city and sea at your doorstep, you'll get to taste the best of both worlds – the perfect blend of rural and city living.
- An encouraging learning environment where you will continue to grow and be challenged
- A professional and supportive culture and team setting
- Fulfilling and challenging work with great lifestyle options
- Tailored wellness programmes
How to apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (by submitting your cover letter and CV), please click “APPLY NOW.” For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career portal.
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible so may withdraw the advert if the perfect candidate is found before the expiry date.
We strive to be a place where people love to work and learn. We aim to develop a diverse team that reflects the communities that we serve and we welcome people of all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, religious and political beliefs, socio-economic situations and accessibility needs.
MidCentral actively seeks Māori into our workforce to reflect the community we serve.
Some positions are defined as a Core Children's worker under the Children's Act and require full safety checks completed before employment commences.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Pae Hauora o Ruahine o Tararua MidCentral
|Manawatu / Whanganui
|Permanent Full time
110,704 - 110,704
|Specialty-Clinical-Nurse-ED-MH.pdf (PDF, 574KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.