Business Analyst Otago at Fire and Emergency New Zealand, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Exciting permanent role within Fire and Emergency NZ (FENZ), where you can utilise your knowledge within a supportive team providing expert analytical advice to key decision makers. We're growing significantly and need your expertise to make sure we have all the right answers to questions that affect real emergency response capabilities.
Fire and Emergency New Zealand was set up under new legislation in July 2017, combining 40 urban and rural fire services and 14,000 people. We became one national emergency management organisation to keep New Zealanders, their property and our unique environment safe.
We respond to a wide variety of emergencies including motor vehicle accidents, medical emergencies, dealing with hazardous substances, severe weather events and natural disasters. We work to reduce risk to make our communities safer, through fire safety campaigns, research, and by providing advice on the Building Code.
About the role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst to join our busy team. Reporting to the Planning and Performance Manager, you'll be responsible for data-mining our extensive databases and producing reports ranging from bespoke dashboards to functional decision tools that are used in daily business. This role relies heavily on the use of IBM Cognos Reporting suite, mining data and making it available to frontline Officers, the regional leadership team and to the wider organisation. You'll also play a key role in supporting the business planning process and in identifying and implementing business improvement initiatives for the region.
As this is a permanent position the following benefits will apply:
- Matched KiwiSaver contributions up to 6%
- Wellness policy - unlimited personal sick leave (fair use policy applies)
- Headquarters social club
- Additional extended annual leave provisions from five years
- Life insurance
- Experience in researching, mining data from numerous sources, analysing information and delivering products in an easy to read format
- Comfortable working with data information systems and tools (particularly IBM Cognos) to identify and utilise data sets and information resources
- GIS skills and exposure to the ArcGIS Suite of products is desirable
- Adept at building collaborative working relationships with a wide range of people and organisations. A team player
- Exceptional time management skills able to manage competing priorities
So, if you're looking for chance to put your diverse skill set to use in an organisation dedicated to helping our communities, then we'll provide you with a unique opportunity to utilise your knowledge within a supportive team. The role will allow you to stand out and show your skills to a wide audience enhancing emergency response capabilities.
For more information about this role please email email@example.com
How to apply
If this sounds like you, make sure you carefully consider the position description, so your resume sets out your relevant experience.
You will receive a notification advising we have received your application.
Applications will close on Mondya, 24 January 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Fire and Emergency New Zealand|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Police & emergency services|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.