Senior Procurement Specialist - Fixed Term at Fire and Emergency New Zealand, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Fixed Term role for 2 years
- We are flexible with location and open to a job share
- Excellent employee benefits
E pā ana ki te kamupene | about the company
Fire and Emergency New Zealand is a Crown Entity established on 1 July 2017 under the Fire and emergency New Zealand Act 2017. The role of our new organisation is to reduce unwanted fires, respond to structural and vegetation fires and other emergencies including motor vehicle crashes, medical emergencies, hazardous substance related incidents, natural disasters and support increased community resilience.
Our vision is to build stronger communities and protect what matters most to the people within them. We are proud to be recognised as New Zealand's most trusted public sector agency. Our values reflect what our people believe is core to who we are and the organisation we aspire to be:
We Do the Right Thing – Kia Tika
We Serve and Support – Manaakitanga
We Are Better Together – Whanaungatanga
We Strive to Improve – Auahatanga
Our employee benefits include matched KiwiSaver employer contributions of up to 6%, life and income protection insurance for eligible employees, and a wellness policy that allows for generous sick leave provisions so you can look after yourself.
Mō te tūranga | About the role
The Senior Procurement Specialist will support the development of Fire and Emergency's procurement processes and practice, including supporting assurance and monitoring activities that drive continual improvement within Fire and Emergency.
We are flexible with location and open to a job share.
Ngā kawenga matua | Key Responsibilities
- Support the development and maintenance of Fire and Emergency procurement processes and practice (tools, templates, guidance, business processes)
- Identify requirements for, and leading, procurement capability development across Fire and Emergency (including training where required).
- Undertake monitoring and assurance on the appropriate application of procurement process and practice across Fire and Emergency.
- Monitoring the integrity of the content in the Fire and Emergency contract management system.
- Assisting with the implementation of a Supplier Relationship Management Framework within Fire and Emergency, with particular regard to Significant Service Contract (SSC) suppliers.
- Peer review and support for the provision of procurement related data, analytics and reporting.
- Prepare papers to support the development of procurement capability in Fire and Emergency for approval by delegated authorities/Senior Leadership Team.
- Support procurement innovation
- Actively involved in identifying and influencing changes that improve commercial capability within Fire and Emergency.
- Participate in procurement functional leadership related forums with MBIE, and other internal groups as required.
- Provide back up for the Manager Procurement Capability and Practice, Manager Sourcing and Procurement Business Partners, as required.
Ngā whakaritenga matua | Key Requirements
- Strong technical procurement experience (7+ years), including managing strategic, complex and high value procurement activity.
- Knowledge and practical experience in the provision of procurement advice to stakeholders.
- Understanding of risk management in a procurement context e.g. Health & Safety.
- Expert knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and application thereof.
- A sound understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Strong communication, facilitation, and coaching skills.
- Well-developed analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- CIPS qualification
- Advanced experience in managing diverse internal and external relationships.
Ko te tono mai | How to apply:
If this sounds like you apply now. To download a copy of our position description please visit our vacancy page on our website www.fireandemergency.nz. For specific questions about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 2nd February 2023 and we will be reviewing applications as we receive them.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Fire and Emergency New Zealand|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.