Procurement Coordinator at Fire and Emergency New Zealand, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Support the procurement function with your excellent coordination and administration skills
- Great employee benefits including generous wellness leave
- Up to 6% kiwisaver employer contribution
E pā ana ki te kamupene | about the company
Fire and Emergency New Zealand is a Crown Entity established on 1 July 2017 under the Fire and emergency New Zealand Act 2017. The role of our new organisation is to reduce unwanted fires, respond to structural and vegetation fires and other emergencies including motor vehicle crashes, medical emergencies, hazardous substance related incidents, natural disasters and support increased community resilience.
Our vision is to build stronger communities and protect what matters most to the people within them. We are proud to be recognised as New Zealand's most trusted public sector agency. Our values reflect what our people believe is core to who we are and the organisation we aspire to be:
We Do the Right Thing – Kia Tika
We Serve and Support – Manaakitanga
We Are Better Together – Whanaungatanga
We Strive to Improve – Auahatanga
Our employee benefits include matched KiwiSaver employer contributions of up to 6%, life and income protection insurance for eligible employees, and a wellness policy that allows for generous sick leave provisions so you can look after yourself.
Mō te tūranga | About the role
The role of Procurement Coordinator is to provide high level and confidential coordination and administrative support to managers and staff within the Procurement Directorate. This position will work collaboratively with the wider team in response to fluctuating workloads to ensure deadlines are met. This position will be required to contribute to development and implementation of quality procurement administration systems.
We are flexible with location and open to a job share.
Ngā kawenga matua | Key Responsibilities
- Providing high level administrative support to the teams with which they work.
- Understanding and supporting the Procurement Directorate with their key objectives and strategic goals.
- Monitoring progress of team objectives to ensure they are on track and completed within given timeframes.
- Managing shared mailboxes email and correspondence.
- Providing financial administration
- Undertaking projects as required as well as providing coordination and assistance to team projects.
- Preparing high quality documents, reports, spreadsheets, presentation material and other correspondence as required.
- Providing management and coordination of meetings, conferences, workshops including attendance when required.
- Managing of teams travel requirements including approvals and monthly reconciliation.
- Managing of documentation to ensure quick and effective access to information when required.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Providing research and information gathering where required for managers and teams.
- Ensuring confidentiality of information & documentation is maintained at all times.
- Conducting all dealings, both within the team and wider Fire and Emergency in a professional, competent manner in order to ensure public confidence.
Ngā whakaritenga matua | Key Requirements
- Extensive experience in a senior administration role, including in the provision of executive assistance to a senior manager or Director.
- Wide ranging knowledge of modern office administration procedures and current best practice of executive assistance.
- Experience and knowledge of accounts receivable and payable, financial reporting and budget processes.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads effectively, to ensure high quality results within deadlines.
- Experience in minute-taking and report writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively in both a team environment and independently.
- Excellent knowledge and use of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience of working in an environment that requires a high level of discretion, sensitivity and interpersonal interaction.
- Experience working in or managing projects.
Ko te tono mai | How to apply:
If this sounds like you apply now. To download a copy of our position description please visit our vacancy page on our website www.fireandemergency.nz. For specific questions about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 2nd February 2023 and we will be reviewing applications as we receive them.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Fire and Emergency New Zealand|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.