Procurement Analyst at Fire and Emergency New Zealand, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- We are flexible with location and open to a job share
- Great employee benefits including generous wellness leave
- Supportive team environment
Great opportunity to use your natural analytical ability and curiosity to drive continual improvement initiatives in a newly created procurement team function that makes a difference across New Zealand.
E pā ana ki te kamupene | about the company
Fire and Emergency New Zealand is a Crown Entity established on 1 July 2017 under the Fire and emergency New Zealand Act 2017. The role of our new organisation is to reduce unwanted fires, respond to structural and vegetation fires and other emergencies including motor vehicle crashes, medical emergencies, hazardous substance related incidents, natural disasters and support increased community resilience.
Our vision is to build stronger communities and protect what matters most to the people within them. We are proud to be recognised as New Zealand's most trusted public sector agency. Our values reflect what our people believe is core to who we are and the organisation we aspire to be:
We Do the Right Thing – Kia Tika
We Serve and Support – Manaakitanga
We Are Better Together – Whanaungatanga
We Strive to Improve – Auahatanga
Our employee benefits include matched KiwiSaver employer contributions of up to 6%, life and income protection insurance for eligible employees, and a wellness policy that allows for generous sick leave provisions so you can look after yourself.
Mō te tūranga | About the role
Procurement related analysis is a new function for Fire and Emergency so there is opportunity to refine how we capture and use our data to report key information to our various stakeholders. We will be looking at you to ensure our sources of truth maintain accuracy and to provide critical insights to support the procurement team and decision makers.
We are flexible with location and open to a job share.
Ngā kawenga matua | Key Responsibilities
- Ensure supplier performance data is recorded in the contract management system.
- Maintain effective relationships with business managers and external providers/contracts.
- Maintain the integrity of supplier performance data
- Maintain the currency of information available to support best practice commercial outcomes.
- Maintain the integrity of contract data within the contract management system
- Identify functionality enhancements for the contract management system.
- Liaise with business units and suppliers to collect and report on actual results against contract deliverables (supplier performance data) including analysis on issues impacting contract outputs.
- Collect documentation and report on how contract deficiencies will be addressed.
- Analyse supplier performance reporting and develop continuous process improvements to improve supplier reporting performance.
Ngā whakaritenga matua | Key Requirements
- 3-5 years relevant experience in a related role preferably within a commercial organization.
- Experienced in working with and handling large volumes of data. Able to manipulate, interpret and present sound conclusions.
- Understanding of financial concepts that relate to contract management (e.g. pricing and budgeting).
- Contract or SLA development and performance tracking and/or management is preferred.
- An understanding of contract management systems (CMS) and analysis tools.
- Advanced excel and intermediate word skills.
- Working towards a CIPS qualification
Ko te tono mai | How to apply:
If this sounds like you apply now. To download a copy of our position description please visit our vacancy page on our website www.fireandemergency.nz. For specific questions about this role please email email@example.com
Applications close 2nd February 2023 and we will be reviewing applications as we receive them.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Fire and Emergency New Zealand|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.