Police Communicator at NZ Police, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Permanent, Full Time
Annual Salary Range $49,158 - $56,220
Job Requisition 10574
As an emergency communicator you will be taking direct incoming calls from the public. Being one of the highest point of contact our community has with New Zealand Police
- Wellington Central location
- Permanent full-time role
- Opportunity to serve your community
New Zealand Police is the lead agency responsible for reducing crime and enhancing community safety. They work in partnership with individuals, communities, businesses and other public sector agencies to achieve their vision of having trust and confidence of all.
As an emergency communicator you will be taking direct incoming calls from the public. Being one of the highest point of contact our community has with New Zealand Police, this role is key to building trusted confidence on every call to ensure public safety at all times.
This role operates 24/7 and will be on a rotating shift cycle.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Respond to emergency calls in a timely and suitable response manner
- Be the initial response to emergency incidents ensuring full information is clear, concise and given appropriate priority and risk
- Triage calls of non-emergency to the right channels without compromising service
- Participate in ongoing training and development
- Develop and maintain working relationships both internally and externally
To be successful you will be able to:
- Be victim focused treating each person with respect and dignity at all times
- Complete tasks to the best of your ability and quickly move on to the next call
- Act with resilience and perseverance in the face of adversity
- Act with integrity and professionalism
- Listen effectively and provide the best solution
- Work to build trust and confidence with the community
- Be someone who takes a positive view to feedback and enjoy working towards personal goals
This is a great opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to making a difference across New Zealand communities. As an employee of the New Zealand Police you will have an advantage when applying for other positions within the New Zealand Police.
If you have got what it takes and are interested in finding out more about this position then click apply now to learn more about this and other NZ Police operational support roles, the recruitment process and the application criteria. To be successful you will need to clear extensive police vetting and have full working rights in New Zealand.
Applied previously but still really interested in a career with NZ Police? We would love to hear from you as the recruitment process has recently changed.
To apply please click this link:
https://nz.hudson.com/jobs/Administration-Office-Support-jobs/-Contact-Centre-jobs/Emergency-Communicator-job/2655875 Please do no click on the ‘Apply Online' button.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.