Kaiurungahoe - Team Leader Ref 116 at Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Based in Auckland preferably
Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga is Aotearoa's lead agency for, identification, protection, conservation and advice.
Reporting to the Director Maori Heritage and as a member of Te Tira (Māori Heritage Team), the Kaiurungahoe will:
- Be Auckland based and have a working knowledge of local narratives, histories and relationships
- provide input to the Māori Heritage component of the archaeological authority and resource management processes including planning
- consult with kaitiaki Māori to better manage sites of significance
- provide heritage advice training and guidance to kaitiaki Māori
- actively engage with iwi/hapū regarding the listing of Wāhi Tapu/areas, Wahi Tupuna and historic places of interest to Māori
- engage in outreach projects directed by the Director
- promote the conservation of Māori heritage buildings
A key focus of the position is to work with Te Tira/the Māori Heritage Team to support Māori communities with the protection and recognition of their heritage, particularly in the archaeological authority process and on the New Zealand Heritage List/Rārangi Kōrero and National Historic Landmarks.
A tertiary qualification, technical competency and experience in a relevant professional field such as: Māori heritage, archaeology, heritage conservation, museum and indigenous studies, statutory advocacy, urban planning, environment science, resource consent management, cultural monitoring or related field is required.
Experience working with iwi/hapū/kaitiaki/runanga and other Māori organisations, and key customers is essential. A working knowledge of the relevant statutory and legislative processes and an understanding of tikanga Māori, the Treaty of Waitangi and proficiency in Te Reo Māori is required. Experience as a cultural monitor and kaitiaki is preferred.
You must have a Vaccination passport to be considered for this position.
Applications close at 5pm 29 May 2022.
For more information about the roles and how to apply, please refer to our website:
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Hospitality & Tourism|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.