Intelligence Supervisor at NZ Police, Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Intelligence Supervisor, it starts with you!
- Based at Hamilton Central Police Station
- Band I
- Permanent – Full Time
- Office of Constable / Police Employee
- Nationally Advertised Vacancy
About the role
The Waikato District Intelligence Group is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Supervisor responsible for leading a team of Intelligence practitioners with a broad range of skillsets.
The Waikato District Intelligence Group delivers an important role in highlighting and identifying emerging risks and trends in our operating environment. We coordinate across workgroups to combine traditional Intelligence practice with Business Intelligence that assists our decision makers to prioritise resourcing.
As the Supervisor, in the Waikato District Intelligence Group, you will be responsible for working with the Manager in leading the team to deliver on its purpose of providing a holistic understanding of the harm being caused by the criminal and crash environments, enabling the identification of prevention and intervention opportunities.
- Provide day to day leadership and direction of the team
- Engage positively with internal and external stakeholders, agencies, and community groups
- Manage priorities, competing demands and implement strategies to mitigate service delivery risk
- Plan, coordinate and deploy resources to maximise effectiveness.
- Maintain a positive team culture, which celebrates diversity and inclusiveness
What you'll bring
Being part of the Police whānau is about being our best to ensure our communities are safe and feel safe. Our Core Competencies provide a shared understanding of the behaviours, leadership and technical competence required for success at each level of Police. Whilst we are looking for skills, knowledge and experience relevant to the role, we also place high importance on your state of mind, the alignment of your values with ours, your ability to contribute to and build high performing teams, and the way that you lead yourself or others.
- Knowledge and experience of best practice intelligence processes
- A demonstrated application of Crime Science techniques.
- Knowledge of Structured Analytical Techniques.
- Interpret and analyse quantitative and qualitative data.
- Understand Prevention First.
- Experience in engaging stakeholders in information sharing and collaboration
- Experience with supporting a team in high pressure environments whilst delivering high quality outputs
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively at all levels (internally and externally) to achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse and agile environment.
If you are an internal applicant, you must apply internally through the police system. You must provide an alternative contact email address.
This role is set at Team Leader/Manager level, this means your key purpose is “to lead the activities for Our Business and enable people to deliver them.”
We will ask you questions based on “How we will deliver Our Business – Core Competencies” and the appropriate role level, i.e. Individual Contributor. For more information on Our Core Competencies, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/core-competencies-how-we-will-deliver-our-business.pdf
These questions will be unique and specific to the role, focusing on the aspects the hiring manager believes are most important for that position at the time. For more information on Our Values, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/nzp-our-values.pdf
To view the position description for this role please copy and paste this link into a new browser:
Our mission is to prevent crime and harm through exceptional policing. Our vision is to be the safest country. Our purpose is to ensure everybody can be safe and feel safe.
Your wellbeing inside and outside of work is important to us. We're open to discussing flexible working options that work for both you and the business.
For more information on the above, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/careers
How to apply
Please note: Applications submitted directly through the Government Jobs Website are no longer considered. Please visit our Police Careers page: https://career10.successfactors.com/career?company=nzpolice to apply for this position.
If this position sounds like you, click apply now. You will be required to submit an application form and a CV. Before confirmation of hire, pre-employment checks will be undertaken. For further information on the application process, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/careers
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Thuvaraga.Thiribuvananathan@police.govt.nz
Please note: Interviews are tentatively booked for 14th of January 2022
Applications close 5pm, 8 December 2021
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.