Manager Governance at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Manager Governance - Oranga Tamariki
Permanent, Wellington based
Influential role reporting to the GM Governance, Risk and Assurance
- Lead a team to, shape, drive and deliver on governance advice
- Contribute in a role where your values align with your everyday work
About the role - Mō te tūnga
In this senior role you will act as a trusted advisor to provide leadership and strategic expertise to support the provision of our governance function to our Chief Executive and senior leadership team, ensuring a robust delivery of our framework while creating an agile and high performing culture.
Critical to your success will be your ability to deliver on key work programmes and on-going improvements to our framework, standards and guidance to champion best practice in alignment to our strategic objectives.
Instrumental to your success will be your ability to lead from the front with the commitment to work collaboratively at a senior level, while supporting and providing recommendations to advisory bodies and committees.
This is not a development role. We need an expert practitioner with an appetite for challenge and a history of success.
What you will bring - Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu
- Actively manage the development, implementation and evaluation of our governance framework and process improvement strategies and initiatives
- Extensive experience in managing a multi discipline business function in partnership with business groups and various agencies
- Senior experience in direction setting, change management principles and systems and process improvements
- Demonstrated experience in analysing a complex range of information, and critical thinking to help leadership with informed decision making
- Demonstrated political awareness with an aptitude for dealing with sensitive issues, both internal and external to the Ministry
- Strong aptitude in resolving employee, client or stakeholder concerns or conflicts with pragmatic and solution focused approach
- Lead on-going improvements to frameworks, standards and guidance to support the effective and consistent delivery up to a Board level
- Proactively identify and respond to complex strategic issues with the ability to translate these operational matters
- Confidence to mentor, coach and build capability in our Governance team
- Solid understanding of budgeting, resourcing and our risk framework
About us - Mō mātou
Putting children first guides everything we do here at Oranga Tamariki - Ministry for Children. Along with that, we value fairness and sincerity. We treat whānau with respect and we think long-term. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders. We work alongside our community partners to bring about positive outcomes for our children, young people and their whānau.
What's in it for you - Nōu te rourou
We offer a collaborative and innovative culture where our people thrive to adhere to best practice while constantly challenging the status quo making each work day interesting. We value work life balance so flexible work options are available.
There will also be the opportunity to find creative solutions to challenges in a role where accountability, integrity, courage, respects for self and others, and striving for excellence are highly valued.
How to apply - Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV and cover letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. If you have any questions about role, please contact Gaynor.Brymer@OT.govt.nz
Applications close on Sunday, 6 December 2020.
To find out more about this role, you can view the position description: http://www.msd.govt.nz/hr/documents/position-descriptions/mvcot/manager-governance-position-description-september-2020.pdf
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.