Commissioning Manager at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Fixed-term (18 months), full-time, Wellington
Do you have social sector commissioning expertise, a passion for working in partnership, and a commitment to supporting children, young people and families to achieve their goals? We are looking for a Commissioning Manager to join the Partnering for Outcomes team at Oranga Tamariki.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a team that is working differently with our partners - pushing the boundaries on what 'commissioning' means in the context of The Treaty of Waitangi.
This fixed-term position will focus on a dedicated piece of work to improve the way Oranga Tamariki and our partners work together to meet the needs of children and young people in state care. We want to make the move to shared strategies with our partners - strategies that capture how we will combine our resources, knowledge and expertise to help more children, young people and their families and/or caregivers achieve their goals. We are guided by the principles of mana tamaiti, whakapapa and whanaungatanga and you will need to be able to be credible, confident and experienced in working with iwi and Māori organisations.
About us - Mō mātou
All tamariki and rangatahi deserve to feel safe, have their voices heard, and be surrounded by loving whānau. Putting children first guides everything we do here at Oranga Tamariki - Ministry for Children. We work with whānau and communities to get the best outcomes for children and young people. It is challenging, and we are passionate about it. The Partnering for Outcomes group supports Oranga Tamariki to work in partnership with iwi and Maori organisations and our community partners.
In this role you will be expected to operate in way that seeks to achieve our goals and demonstrate our values as follows:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
About the role - Mō te tūnga
The purpose of the Commissioning Manager role is to:
- work across Oranga Tamariki, and with external partners, to build an understanding of strategy, policy, population need, and the current state care and support services
- lead, deliver or support the development of effective commissioning plans that improve the care and support for children and young people in state care – with a strong focus on reducing disparities for tamariki and rangatahi Māori
- lead and support other teams within Oranga Tamariki to effectively implement the plan in a way that gives effect to our organisational values
- communicate and advocate for tamariki and rangatahi needs and aspirations to shape the way we commission care responses
- ensure the voices of iwi/Māori and other partners are heard and prioritised.
What you will bring - Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu
Preference will be given to those who have the following:
- Significant social sector commissioning expertise
- Excellent analytical and financial analytical skills
- Experience working in a complex-environment and ability to develop, manage and deliver projects in a timely way
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Experience in advocating for change based on strategic direction and intelligence
- Solid understanding of tikanga and Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Experience working to improve outcomes for tamariki Māori and developing solutions in partnership with iwi and Maori organisations
What's in it for you - Nōu te rourou
We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. We offer a dedicated and supportive team, flexible work options and the opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
Applications close Tuesday, 9 March 2021.
How to apply - Me pēhea te tuku tono
Please apply by clicking the 'apply' button below, applications must be made online. Please ensure you upload your CV and covering letter as they are an important part of your application.
Internal Oranga Tamariki employees - please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as an internal candidate.
All external applicants including MSD employees - please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter. Please note, all applications must be made online.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Mirko.Tojaga@ot.govt.nz
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Social, welfare & community|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.