Social Worker - Oranga Tamariki at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- $56,100 - $102,000 per annum, dependent on experience
- Takapuna location
- Permanent opportunity
About us - Mō mātou
Oranga Tamariki - Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
About the role - Mō te tūnga
In this role, you will be delivering high-level evidence based and quality social work services where you will be working in partnership with tamariki, their families along with external agencies and communities. You will be providing assessment and establishing programmes to identify the best outcomes for all stakeholders.
Our team of practitioners are a tight knit group who work closely together in supporting Oranga Tamariki in delivering positive outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi.
What you will bring - Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu
Key requirements of the role include the following:
- A recognised Social Worker qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board
- Full registration with New Zealand's Social Worker Registration Board
- To demonstrate resilience, critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
- To uphold the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
- To have a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act and
- A valid and clean New Zealand driver's licence
What's in it for you - Nōu te rourou
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
How to apply - Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV and covering letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. If you have any questions about role, please contact alexandra.vetrov@OT.govt.nz
Applications close Tuesday, 9 March 2021.
Please do not apply for this vacancy if you are not registered with the Social Work Registration Board (SWRB). Instead please follow the below links to be considered accordingly:
- If you are a student studying social work or a social work graduate, please copy and paste the following link to apply here: https://career10.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareerpvt?jobId=34785&company=ministryofP&st=429319EDA83F55C02D6F1F2A71578B1674157946
- If you are an experienced social worker who hasn't registered or is waiting to hear back regarding their application for registration, please copy and paste the following link to apply here: https://career10.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareerpvt?jobId=34786&company=ministryofP&st=46B9ED700ECE606853CB9B79672703587A506E2A
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Social, welfare & community|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.