Social Workers - Oranga Tamariki at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Canterbury
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Social Worker - Oranga Tamariki - Aoraki region
- Full-time permanent roles available in Timaru, Oamaru, Ashburton and Christchurch (covering Aoraki region)
- Be part of a team where relationships are built on mutual trust and respect basedin the stunningSouth Island of New Zealand
- Qualified and Registered Social Worker
Oranga Tamariki - Ministry for Children, currently have opportunities for Social Workers to join our Timaru, Oamaru and Ashburton Sites.There is also the opportunity to be based out of Christchurch covering the Aoraki region.You will be part of a multidisciplinary team who workclosely togetherand who arepassionate in supporting Oranga Tamariki in delivering positive outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi.
Our goal is to establish a multiagency approach to protecting and caring for New Zealand's tamariki and rangatahi. We aim to adapt and improve the lives of tamariki and their whānau through application of our established practice model: You will be expected to operate in a supportive role in order to help achieve this goal.
You will be part of making a difference to the lives of our tamariki and their whānau by utilising the latest strength-based practice tools and assessment framework. By engaging with tamariki and developing, managing and delivering plans it will ensure their voices are heard.
In this role you will be expected to operate in a supportive role in order to help achieve our goals and demonstrate our values as follows:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
You will be delivering high-level evidence based and quality social work services where you will be working in partnership with tamariki, their whanau, external agencies and communities to ensure a collaborative approach to improved outcomes.
This role requires a passion to actively work to keep tamariki at the centre of everything we do. It's more than a job, it's an opportunity to champion tamariki and their whanau with every decision you make.
Key attributes to be considered but not limited to, will include the following:
- A recognised Social Work qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board
- Registration with New Zealand's Social Worker Registration Board
- Demonstrated resilience, critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
- Upholding the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and demonstrating this in practice
- Having a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- A valid and clean New Zealand driver's licence
What we are offering:
- A competitive salary in line with Oranga Tamariki's remuneration range, between $56,100 - $102,000
- Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work practice
- On-going professional development
- Access to corporate health fund discounts and a banking package with Westpac
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal.
If you have any questions about the role, please email Jo Bensonat email@example.com
Applications close Tuesday, 9 February 2021.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Social, welfare & community|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.