Communications and Marketing Coordinator (SHEADI) at Victoria University of Wellington, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Are you a recent graduate looking to build your communications and marketing career?
- Are you an excellent storyteller, interested in creating lively and engaging content across a broad range of subjects?
- Are you proactive, efficient, and keen to learn?
Mō Te Herenga Waka - About our University
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. This iho draws off our heritage and is further defined by our tūrangawaewae, in particular Wellington, Aotearoa, and the Asia-Pacific, all of which are expressed in our position as Aotearoa New Zealand's globally ranked capital city university.
Our core ethical values are respect, responsibility, fairness, integrity, and empathy. These core ethical values are demonstrated in our commitment to sustainability, wellbeing, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and openness. With, and as, tangata whenua, we value Te Tiriti o Waitangi, rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, whai mātauranga, whanaungatanga, and akoranga.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is recruiting a full-time, permanent Communications and Marketing Coordinator for the Division of Science, Health, Engineering, Architecture and Design Innovation (SHEADI).
This is a junior, generalist communications and marketing role with some flexibility in terms of required experience - it could be tailored to suit anyone from a graduate to a communications/marketing professional with 1-3 years experience in a similar role.
This is a strong opportunity for someone looking to build their skills across a broad range of communications and marketing activity as part of a busy, supportive team.
- Identifying and creating communications and marketing content including news stories, student and alumni profiles, case studies, videos, social media posts, and promotional materials
- Supporting the publication of content across the Division's channels, including print publications, website, social media, and newsletters
- Contributing to communications, marketing and engagement projects and providing organisational and administrative support to the team, e.g. managing enquiries, organising events and photoshoots, assisting with media monitoring and reporting
Ō pūmanawa - About you
You'll be a strong writer, able to digest and communicate complex info, and have an eye for a story. You'll be proactive, practical and a fast learner. You'll be interested in highlighting and celebrating the work of our students, staff and alumni; and in communicating complex, important issues to a broad audience in an engaging way.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant area - such as Marketing, Communications, Film, Media, English and/or Science, Health, Engineering, Architecture or Design
- Interest in and aptitude for communicating scientific, technical, or complex information in an engaging and accessible way
- Excellent writing, editing and proof-reading skills, including the ability to adapt content and style to suit audience and channel
- 'News sense' - ability to identify appropriate and interesting stories/people/information
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships
- Proactive and well-organised, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines without compromising accuracy or quality
Ētahi kōrero hai āwhina i a koe - Why you should join our team
Thanks to the breadth and range of content a University environment provides, we offer an interesting, fast-paced and challenging workplace. You will be part of a professional and supportive team where there is a focus on learning, new experiences and professional development.
Please go to our careers site to view the role description.
Contact details for vacancy: If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch with Maria Belich, Communications and Marketing Manager SHEADI on email@example.com or 022 357 6310 but applicants should follow all steps listed below.
Important - Application steps and information
For applicants who are not NZ Citizens or Permanent Residents, we recommend you check the NZ Immigration website for updates related to Covid19 restrictions on entry to New Zealand: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19
Download and complete the University Application Form.
Click the apply now button and follow the process to enter your contact details and add your CV in the online form.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you're a great fit for this position then email the completed application form, cover letter and any other supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.
Applications close Wednesday, 1 December 2021 (However the advertisement may be withdrawn earlier if suitable candidates are identified.)
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Victoria University of Wellington|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Communications, media, & marketing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.