GLN Graduate Programme - Te Tari Ture o te Karauna Crown Law at Crown Law Office, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Government Legal Network Graduate Programme - Te Tari Ture o te Karauna Crown Law
He tūranga e wātea ana ki ngā tauira rōia kua puta ō rātou ihu i te whare wānanga. E kimihia ana he tauira e mōhio ana ki te ao Māori, e mārama ana ki Te Tiriti o Waitangi me ōna pānga ki ngā kaupapa o te rāngai tūmatanui. Mēnā ko koe tēnei, tēnā tukuna mai he tono.
The Government Legal Network (GLN) Graduate Programme provides talented law students with an exceptional opportunity to see right into the workings of a government legal team. The Programme is a development-focused opportunity for emerging lawyers who care about a just, safe and prosperous New Zealand. If you are keen to accelerate your learning by experiencing multiple practice areas in a variety of departments and Crown entities, the GLN Graduate Programme could be the perfect platform on which to build a rewarding career.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following:
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- An understanding of and participation in te ao Māori
- An understanding and interest in the Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- A keen interest in public service
We offer the successful candidate:
- competitive remuneration packages
- access to highly experienced mentors
- a supportive learning environment fostering technical and leadership skills development
- reimbursement of professional studies and practicing certificate costs
- access to the supportive Practice Group for new lawyers
- exposure to a broad range of areas of law
- experience in multiple Government legal teams.
As an organisation with a clear vision to build a better Aotearoa through responsible, lawful government, we believe that 'how' we do our work is as important as 'what' we do. Crown Law is committed to ensuring Te Ao Māori and te Tiriti informs 'how' we work.
Crown Law embraces diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace and developing our individual and collective cultural competence. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and celebrate the collective talent of all employees. We also support different flexible working arrangements to enable us to be at our best. Please talk to us about how we can make this work for you.
Our 'ways of working' guide how we work:
- we take pride in all we do;
- we value our differences
- we look after the mana of other people
- we recognise our impact on others; and
- we care about each other.
To be considered for a position at Crown Law you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand and are required to complete a Ministry of Justice Criminal Records check.
For more information on the GLN Graduate Programme please click here
If you have any further questions, please contact GLN Programmes and Capability Manager, Monique.Esplin@crownlaw.govt.nz
Please submit an application letter, CV and current academic transcript.
To apply, please use the following link: Apply Here
Applications close 5pm Sunday, 10 December 2021
For a copy of the Job Description visit Position-Description---GLNPaC---GLN-Graduate.pdf
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Crown Law Office|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Legal & courts|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.