Customer Service Representatives - Lower Hutt at Ministry of Social Development, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Ministry of Social Development
Contact Centre Services, Lower Hutt
Full time, fixed term 31 January 2022 to 30 June 2022
Join us and make a difference to the lives of New Zealanders. We have a great opportunity for you to join our high energy, family focussed and supportive team to help other people in difficult times.
You will join our high energy team providing support to our clients through providing tools and support and helping them access our services. What you do makes a difference.
We provide excellent training for this position and support you as you learn how to work with us.
Working in a contact centre at the Ministry for Social Development puts you at the forefront of peoples' lives. Our clients need highly empathetic people to help them navigate a range of issues from just providing support, through to linking them to services and tools that make all the difference.
You will be making key decisions and making a positive impact for others as well as contributing to an amazingly supportive team who show care and empathy for those we care for.
The kind of people we are looking for offer the following attributes to make you successful in this role
- The ability to have quality conversations and provide a positive experience for others
- You can demonstrate a history of customer service skills, providing positive results for customers
- Adaptable, resilient, and empathetic to customers' complex situations
- Demonstrated experience using technology to solve problems
- The ability and desire to learn fast so you can navigate your way around multiple IT systems
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment where frequent change is normal
About the Role
You will be required to navigate multiple systems, therefore your skills and ability to learn new systems and processes quickly are important. The Contact Centres work in an integrated model supporting other contact centre units within the Ministry of Social Development.
Flexibility and the willingness to adapt and learn other processes is required and training will be provided.
These roles are based in the Wellington Contact Centre, Lower Hutt and you will be rostered for 37 hours and 55 minutes per week between the hours of Monday-Friday 6:55am to 10:00pm and Saturdays between 8:00am to 2:00pm. You may also be required to work overtime on some weekdays, Saturdays and Public Holidays during various peak times.
We work on a no surprises basis and will ensure that you will know your scheduled shifts well in advance.
Key recruitment process information
- If you are shortlisted, the recruitment process will include an interview between 10 and 16 December, and reference checking
- Commencement salary is $53,502 per annum
- Candidates must hold NZ Citizenship, Permanent Residency at time of application.
Applications close: Saturday 4 December 2021 at 10:00 pm
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||customer-service-representative-march-2021.docx (Word, 315KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.