Technical Product Owner at Ministry of Social Development, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We're in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
Technical Product Owner – Partner Self-Service
Over the last five years in the Improvement, Systems and Technology group we have been evolving our delivery approach to be agile at scale.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Technical Product Owner to join our dynamic Partner Self-Service team which focuses on enabling MSD's partners to easily provide services to our clients on MSD's behalf.
MSD's Te Pae Tawhiti “Kotahitanga” strategy is aimed at “Partnering for greater impact”, as we are stronger when we work together with others, which includes other govt agencies, whanau, hapu, iwi, providers and communities. This role will work with Technical Product Manager and other business stakeholders to define and deliver the IT changes to implement this strategy, and also maintain the existing systems to support the ongoing changes.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to be part of one of New Zealand's largest IT groups and be the motivational force that empowers our teams to meet delivery goals and increase product capabilities and services to our clients.
- Work collaboratively with the Technical Product Manager for your product group contributing to product strategy & roadmaps, and Epic business cases
- Create the work plan for teams in collaboration with team members, customers, and stakeholders
- Participate in product level ceremonies and PI Planning
- Develop Asset Management Plans
- Define acceptance criteria for product stories and confirm they are complete
- Foster an environment of trust, empowerment, collaboration, and a positive culture
You will bring
- Proven technical expertise in digital portals, integrations within the domain of provided services to clients and community through partners
- Proven experience working with various government agencies, partners, and providers
- Proven experience as a successful product owner, scrum master or a similar leadership role in a technology environment
- Strong technical knowledge and the ability to translate complex technology into relatable language
- Demonstrated excellence in prioritisation and decision making
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact effectively at all levels
Please note, this position will be based in Wellington
Salary range: $106,967.00 - $160,451.00
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the competencies listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: Sunday the 23rd January 2022
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires employees to be fully vaccinated.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||technical-product-owner-sep20.pdf (PDF, 183KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.