Business Analyst at Ministry of Social Development, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We're in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
Overview of position
We have an opportunity for a Business Analyst to do impactful work in the Business Enterprise space, providing enterprise support to the service portfolios and Service Delivery operational teams, through the implementation of business as usual/ operational improvement system change.
You will play a key support role in supporting the Manager Business Enterprise Analysis in providing business support for systems change to support the delivery of improved services to clients and will be a key interface with the MSD IT, working together to ensure that our systems and infrastructure continue to be fit for purpose.
You will also
- manage systems access across a range of business applications
- deliver emergency response activities and support business continuity
- support the management and communication of IT issues and incidents
- represent Service Delivery at technical advisory groups, advocating on change impacts and risk.
You will have
- strong knowledge of the business use of technology across Service Delivery
- extensive professional and technical knowledge in defining problems and identifying practical solution options which will meet the business need
• a collaborative approach to enable to connect and facilitate key stakeholders towards identifying root causes for issues and areas where improvements can be made to business and client systems.
• ability to work under pressure, sometimes on multiple, concurrent work items
• excellent communication skills, confident in discussing and explaining technical issues to non-technical audiences and/or stakeholders
Please see the attached position description for further information.
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the competencies listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: 18 January 2022
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires employees to be fully vaccinated.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||business-analyst-service-delivery-december-2021.docx (Word, 183KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.