Quality Advisor at Ministry of Social Development, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We're in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
We are looking for a Quality Advisor to join the Client Service Support National Quality team.
We play an important role in achieving continuous improvement in service quality.
We achieve this by monitoring and analysing a range of quality indicators, deriving insight into root causes and key themes impacting on the service we provide our clients.
This helps to ensure that our people deliver Mana Manaaki at every opportunity by providing an accurate and consistent client service.
The Quality Advisor role assists in promoting this continuous improvement by:
• Checking and auditing work against Minimum Processing Standards
• Monitoring, analysing and reporting on a range of quality indicators
• Providing feedback to a range of roles including National and Regional Managers, Capability Developers, Learning and Capability staff and client-engaging staff
• Providing advice on the development and delivery of training solutions
• Participating in process and procedural improvement and ensuring appropriate quality controls are included.
Consequently, we are looking for a person who regularly exhibits the following skills and qualities:
• A passion for improving the quality of our clients' experience
• Ideally, a subject matter expert in each of our Working-age, Seniors, Students and Housing products, services and operational practices. This may however, be a combination of subject matter expertise in some areas and some lesser but still significant experience in others
• A sound understanding of the way in which our clients interact with us via our various service channels
• An ability to work well under pressure without compromising standards and have excellent time management skills
• An analytical approach to problem solving
• Sound reporting skills where results and trends are clearly and accurately displayed to a potentially varied audience
• A thorough knowledge of SWIFTT, CMS and SAL as well as both benefit and student entitlements
• An ability to identify and escalate potential or actual quality risks
• Enjoy working with others and being part of an effective team.
• A confident and articulate communicator.
Salary range: $71,231.00 - $87,060.00
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the competencies listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: 24 January 2022
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD is currently considering a vaccination policy which may form part of requirements for employment. If agreed this would take effect from 16 December 2021.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||quality-advisor-april-2021.docx (Word, 184KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.