Payroll Officer at Ministry of Social Development, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We're in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
• Full-time permanent
• Bring your enthusiasm and problem-solving skills
• Full training will be provided so payroll experience is not essential
About our team
Our dedicated payroll professionals are a crucial team that sits within our People and Capability (HR) business unit. We provide quality support, advice and payroll services as part of a wider HR Shared Services team to over 15,300 staff across the Ministry's National Office and business service lines and shared services to Oranga Tamariki (OT) and Social Wellbeing Agency (SWA).
About the role
The payroll manager is passionate about both payroll and people and is looking new team members who feel the same way. These positions are based in our HR business unit, it's all about the people and the numbers. We're interested in your ability to grasp concepts and ideas and apply your analytical mind to problem-solving.
As a Ministry we operate a fortnightly pay run that pays 15,300 employees, which means we're busy throughout the year. Resilience, teamwork and a customer-focused attitude will set you up for success.
We're willing to train the right candidate who takes pride in their work and wants to step up and learn.
An overview of your responsibilities:
• Provide operational payroll support, advice and services to MSD, OT and SWA managers and their support staff in line with legislation and ministry procedures
• Ensure payment information data from the Ministry's HRIS system is successfully entered into the Chris21 payroll system and accurate payment as approved is set for the next available pay
• Identify any issues or errors and deal with these appropriately
• Complete related payroll statutory returns
• Prioritise work and ensure deadlines are met
To succeed in the role, you will have:
• High level of accuracy with good attention to detail
• The ability to work to strict deadlines
• Good prioritisation and communication skills
• Good IT skills including Microsoft products
• Be able to work flexible or additional hours as required (any overtime will be paid)
• A passion for numbers and be looking to grow or develop your payroll career
Most importantly, you will have a great work ethic, attitude and be a team player.
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the competencies listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: 24 January 2022
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires employees to be fully vaccinated.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Human resources, recruitment & training|
|Attachment:||junior-payroll-officer-payroll-officer-jul21.docx (Word, 185KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.