Senior Intelligence Analyst at NZ Police, Nelson - Marlborough
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Senior Intelligence Analyst, it starts with you!
- Based at Tasman District Headquarters, Nelson
- Intelligence Career Structure – INTEL S05
- Permanent, Full time
- Office of Constable / Police Employee
- Pending Vacancy
Nationally Advertised Vacancy
About the role
The Tasman District Intelligence team supports Police leaders and officers to prevent crime and harm through exceptional policing. Our mahi is used to support deployment of resources, understand the criminal environment and crime problems, and facilitate evidence-based action and prevention.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated Senior Intelligence Analyst to join our team based in Nelson. This position would suit an experienced Intelligence professional wanting to work in a dynamic operational environment and support the development of Intelligence capability across the team. We are interested in receiving applications from a range of backgrounds.
As a Senior Intelligence Analyst, you will demonstrate professional curiosity and adaptive approaches to using a range of analytic tools and methodologies to provide insight and foresight on a range of complex problems and issues. You will use your team-focused approach to coach others on best practice Intelligence tradecraft and foster a positive and productive team culture.
Ongoing engagement in your own professional development, a willingness to get out and talk to people, and critically and thoughtfully engage with what you find, will enhance your contribution to ensure positive outcomes for the Tasman District.
- Use analytical expertise, critical thinking, and crime science theory to conduct analysis of complex crime problems and policing issues and propose potential solutions.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to develop a high standard of written reports/presentations and provide clear and concise verbal briefings appropriate to a range of audiences.
- Lead and collaborate on projects and group analysis.
- Effectively manage competing priorities and demands to maintain quality of work under strict timeframes.
- Develop and maintain a wide range of positive relationships (internal and external).
- Work with limited supervision on complex analytical problems.
- Provide technical guidance in Intelligence analysis tools and coach junior members of the team to develop their Intelligence tradecraft.
- Lead by example with a committed, positive attitude towards teamwork and professional development.
- Provide regular peer review and project coaching.
- Assist in leading the development of people, products and processes.
- Champion diverse worldviews, different perspectives, and the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, identifying opportunities to reflect these in Intelligence products.
What you'll bring
Being part of the Police whānau is about being our best to ensure our communities are safe and feel safe. Our Core Competencies provide a shared understanding of the behaviours, leadership and technical competence required for success at each level of Police. Whilst we are looking for skills, knowledge and experience relevant to the role, we also place high importance on your state of mind, the alignment of your values with ours, your ability to contribute to and build high performing teams, and the way that you lead yourself or others.
- New Zealand or Australian citizenship, or permanent NZ resident.
- Hold the NZ Diploma in Intelligence Analysis (NZDIA) or equivalent or able to complete NZDIA modules early in employment.
- Successful applicants must reside within reasonable commuting distance of Nelson CBD.
- Hold a full driver license or be able to complete early in employment.
- Able to obtain and maintain an appropriate national security clearance. (https://www.protectivesecurity.govt.nz/personnel-security/clearances/eligibility-tool/)
Initial applications and CVs will be assessed by the Talent Pathway Team. Selected candidates will be asked to complete further screening questions and a written scenario as part of the shortlisting process.
Candidates who progress to interview will complete further writing and scenario assessments to assess technical competence and may also be asked to complete psychometric testing including personality and cognitive reasoning assessments.
This role is set at Individual Contributor level: this means your key purpose is to deliver (or enable others to deliver) “Our Business”.
We will ask you questions based on “How we will deliver Our Business – Core Competencies” and the appropriate role level, i.e. Individual Contributor. For more information on Our Core Competencies, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/core-competencies-how-we-will-deliver-our-business.pdf
These questions will be unique and specific to the role, focusing on the aspects the hiring manager believes are most important for that position at the time. For more information on Our Values, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/nzp-our-values.pdf
To view the position description for this role please copy and paste this link into a new browser:
Our mission is to prevent crime and harm through exceptional policing. Our vision is to be the safest country. Our purpose is to ensure everybody can be safe and feel safe.
Your wellbeing inside and outside of work is important to us. We're open to discussing flexible working options that work for both you and the business.
or more information on the above, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/careers
How to apply
Please note: Applications submitted directly through the Government Jobs Website are no longer considered. Please visit our Police Careers page: https://career10.successfactors.com/career?company=nzpolice to apply for this position.
If this position sounds like you, click apply now. You will be required to submit an application form and a CV. Before confirmation of hire, pre-employment checks will be undertaken. For further information on the application process, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/careers
Applications close 5pm Friday, 28 January 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Nelson - Marlborough|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.