Central Processing Officers, Rotorua, Permanent at Ministry of Social Development, Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Ministry of Social Development
Permanent, Full time
The scope and breadth of the work we do here is unique and, in many ways, we touch the lives of most New Zealanders at some stage in their life's journey. We play an important role in supporting New Zealanders. Simply put, people count on us.
We are calling for motivated and adaptable people who can hit the ground running and help deliver end to end services for our clients.
About the role
As a Processing Officer, you will help many people every day by delivering an end-to-end service including the assessment, processing, and review of client information. You'll be providing essential financial assistance and support for clients and their families and you will regularly engage with clients and stakeholders over the phone.
Our team is responsible for many different work areas such as the processing of online income declarations updating clients' change in circumstances, managing requests for information from other government agencies like IRD & NZ Police, processing Childcare Applications, OSCAR Applications, Childcare Reviews, and processing online applications for income support.
We provide a positive and progressive work environment, where we all support each other to achieve excellent outcomes for clients. This may be done remotely for those of you working and learning from home. You will enjoy an orientation backed by loads of support and our modern training approach will equip you to confidently work with clients.
- You are professional, energetic, and able to interact and negotiate with a variety of clients over the phone while maintaining a customer service focus. Driven and determined to succeed you thrive on achieving outcomes. You navigate your way through computer systems with ease and enjoy taking ownership of your work and contributing to team performance.
- Flexible and agile in your approach you embrace change and learn from it. You are confident working with financial information and can accurately calculate and enter information into computer systems.
- You enjoy quality conversations and can demonstrate a history of providing clients/ customers a positive experience on the phone
- You work efficiently, accurately and can make good decisions
- Quick to navigate your way around multiple IT systems you also have an eagerness to learn and desire for self-improvement
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where busy is the norm
- If successful, you must have the ability to work from home as business needs require (this could include learning new things in a pre-dominantly ‘virtual' environment).
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.