Test Analyst at Ministry of Social Development, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We're in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
Do you want to be part of the biggest inhouse IT shop in the country? Working in an Agile environment we are continuing our journey and are actively promoting agility right throughout the Ministry.
To enable the Ministry to better help New Zealanders who need our support, we are experiencing rapid growth in our IT area to ensure solutions can be delivered to our front line and our clients quickly.
About the role
We have fantastic opportunities in our Wellington or Auckland office, for a Test Analyst who are experts in their field, at all stages of their career.
Our Test Analysts at MSD work in a range of environments where testing deliverables are undertaken as the last line of quality control for enhancements to our products and solutions.
Our Test Analysts strategize, plan, execute and report on testing deliverables to meet the needs of our customers and stakeholders.
What we are looking for
This transformational environment can be both dynamic and challenging, therefore we are looking for highly skilled professionals who:
- Are looking to enhance and broaden their testing skills.
- Thrive in the fast-paced, changing nature of our work.
- Wholeheartedly embrace the Agile way of working and model the right behaviour for you peers and colleagues.
You will need to have
- A desire to build your experience as a Test Analyst in the Automation testing space.
- Functional testing experience working on complex integrated systems is a big plus.
- Be technically savvy - you will be able to maintain both manual and automated tests.
- Knowledge in automation tools such as TOSCA, Webdriver, Selenium and Playwright is a big advantage.
- Knowledgeable in creating and running SQL queries using SQL Developer, as well as Python and Java scripting.
- Familiar with or has experience in frameworks such as BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) and SBE (Specifications by Example) techniques.
- Has worked in Agile projects and in DevOps delivery. Exposure to the Scaled Agile framework (SAFe) would be a definite advantage.
- End to End testing experience in MSD systems such as MyMSD, CMS, EOS, SWIFTT or proven testing experience in another critical payment system will be an advantage.
- ISTQB certification is valued.
Salary range: $65,727.00 - $80,333.00
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key responsibilities listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: Wednesday 25th May 2022
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires employees to be fully vaccinated. As a condition of employment, you must show evidence using My Vaccine Pass (or My Covid Record).
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||test-analyst-senior-test-analyst-mar21.docx (Word, 314KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.