Advisor - People and Culture at Electoral Commission, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
About the role:
As a trusted advisor in the People and Culture Team with the primary responsibility to operationalise the Commission's People and Culture strategy and functions and to support the People and Culture Business Partners to build the People and Culture capability across the Commission.
In this role you will support and advise on the full suite of human resources delivery areas in a confident and credible way.
The role is perfect for a credible practitioner who can build trusting relationships as a generalist in a partnership model. This role complements a team that delivers people and culture initiatives, working on employment relationship issues, advisory services, remuneration and recruitment.
You will support onboarding employees, assisting with annual remuneration and performance review processes, employment contracts and job descriptions. There will be plenty of opportunities to support Learning and Development as well as Organisational Development initiatives and preparation for electoral events. You will drive good employer practices and the alignment of values throughout the organisation. This is an opportunity to contribute to New Zealand's democracy as part of a committed, supportive, and hands-on organisation.
To be successful in this role you need the following:
- At least 3 years of experience at the HR advisory level
- The ability to plan, knowing that no day will be the same
- The enjoyment of getting stuck in while also helping to shape HR strategy for the Commission
- A good understanding of partnerships with Māori and the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
- Exceptional relationship management, verbal, and written communications skills
- A willingness to share knowledge and expertise with others
- A passion for people and for coaching people managers to be the best leaders.
What is next?
For more information regarding this role, please email email@example.com or to apply click 'Apply Now'
Please attach your CV and cover letter
You must be legally allowed to work in New Zealand.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Human resources, recruitment & training|
|Attachment:||PD - Advisor - People and Culture - June 2021.pdf (PDF, 354KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.