Business Analyst at Ministry of Social Development, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We're in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
Business Analyst - 12 months fixed term opportunity
Do you want to be part of one of the largest governmment departments in New Zelaand? Working in an Agile environment we are continuing our journey and are actively promoting agility right throughout the Ministry of Social Development.
To enable the Ministry to better help New Zealanders who need our support, we are experiencing rapid growth in our IT area to ensure solutions can be delivered to our front line and our clients quickly, and as a result, we are looking for Business Analysts to join our teams.
About the role
As a Business Analyst you will work across the IT Group and with vendors to ensure that all activity across the
system development life cycle is co-ordinated and focused on value delivery and post-production support.
- Play an active part as a member of an Agile Standing Team
- Work with business owners and other IT stakeholders to develop Features
- Work with business owners and other IT stakeholders to develop user stories and help manage the
- Delivery of these stories through the SDLC
- Work with other IT teams to deliver features into Production
- Manage incidents and problems occurring in applications in your domain
- Actively participate and contribute to the team culture
This transformational environment can be both dynamic and challenging, therefore we are looking for highly skilled professionals who
- Proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, PL/SQL
- Nice to have experience working with SAS database
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Excel)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Wholeheartedly embrace the Agile way of working and model the right behaviour for you peers and
- Pragmatic approach to the task at hand and able to collaborate and deliver continuous improvement
- Have demonstrated experience of self-managing and prioritising your work
- Strong relationship and collaboration skills
- Are flexible and willing to take on any challenge
- Are a good problem solver/trouble-shooter
Please note: To be considered you must have the right to work in New Zealand and be available in New Zealand.
We will start shortlisting process prior to role closing.
To support our people's professional development, we're implementing the SFIA capability framework. This includes translating our Position Descriptions to align with the framework. We'll keep you informed of any updates to this Position Description during the recruitment process.
Salary range: $91,341.00 - $111,639.00
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key responsibilities listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: Tuesday the 28th June 2022
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires employees to be fully vaccinated.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||junior-business-analyst-business-analyst-senior-business-analyst-mar21 (3).docx (Word, 317KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.