Lead Analyst HSS Data Intelligence at Ministry of Social Development, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We're in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
Lead Analyst Health, Safety and Security Data Intelligence
Location: National Office, Wellington
- Drive intelligence-led research and analysis
- Use your smarts in data analytics
- Grow intelligence capability
- Predict risk and influence change
This is a great opportunity for a health, safety and security (HSS) data intelligence specialist to make your mark and be part of a strong and empowering team who truly care about our people and are a fun and caring bunch to work with, so come and join us!
About our Team
We support the Ministry's managers and staff to put health, safety and security at the heart of everything we do. We lead the development of HSS strategy and operational policy and do work that supports and strengthens the Ministry's HSS culture.
About the Role
We are looking for an outstanding data intelligence professional with a sound understanding in HSS to join our team. You will have a unique opportunity to lead the development and implementation of a HSS data analytics strategy to automate and provide enhanced data visualisations and dashboards using next generation technologies.
While being a team collaborator and great with building relationships, you will also provide strategic leadership and build the technical and analytical capability across the HSS team.
What you will bring to the role:
- Lead architecture and solutioning efforts to redefine and develop Tableau online space for HSS data analytics
- Previous experience working with data (using Python), data environments, databases, large data sets possibly in a public sector environment
- Excellent technical and statistical skills, complex data and analytics tools and technologies, or similar software
- Proven successful experience in data visualisation using BI tools (Power BI/Tableau/RShiny) for statistical reporting
- Knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and current legislation relating to security, physical and personnel security systems and best practice
- Sound analytical skills – clarity of thinking, defines problems, gathers all necessary information and produces thorough, objective and sound advice
- Passion to provide useful high-quality information to stakeholders in a way that is timely, meaningful and accessible for them
- Effective communication skills – able to communicate concisely and clearly in all medium, able to adapt style to meet the needs of the audience
- Strong partnership builder, able to establish, build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of an organisation.
- A relevant tertiary qualification (and/or relevant experience)
What we offer
We offer a dedicated and supportive team, flexible work options and the opportunity to grow your career. Basically, the benefits of working with us go beyond the norm so come and find out more!
If the opportunity appeals to you, apply now!
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key responsibilities listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: Monday, 4 July 2022
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires employees to be fully vaccinated.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||lead-analyst-hss-data-intelligence-july-21.docx (Word, 189KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.