Employment Coordinator - Whanganui at Ministry of Social Development, Manawatū-Whanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We're in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
Employment Coordinator – Whanganui
- Permanent, Full time
- Support clients with health conditions, illness or disabilities to access opportunities
- Inclusive, supportive and diverse team
- Career development and coaching
About the role:
- The Employment Coordinator supports clients with health conditions, illness or disabilities to access support, training and employment opportunities, enabling them to become independent.
- This role actively markets clients with health conditions, illness or disabilities to employers, identifying and matching clients to suitable vacancies, supporting them to make career choices, stay employed and become independent with an emphasis on what a client can do, not their health or disability status.
- The Employment Coordinator also supports the region's business strategy, regional plan and initiatives related to health or disability.
- As an Employment Coordinator you work collaboratively with Case Managers to understand client skills, abilities, needs and how their capabilities can be enhanced by MSD, other agencies and employers i.e. work placement with support, skill training and work experience.
- You coordinate and develop targeted interventions (e.g. contracted courses/programmes, health) that enable clients to enter the labour market, often in collaboration with other MSD employees and external stakeholders.
- A skilled relationship builder, you understand peoples' needs and tailor your service approach accordingly.
- You assist clients with CV development and interview preparation, undertaking pre- employment checks, setting up grants and providing clients with career and personal guidance, advice, mentoring and referring to agency providers where appropriate.
- You build work readiness by assessing clients against suitable vacancies, referring them to relevant training opportunities and programmes, and promoting clients to relevant employers.
- You proactively identify and address barriers to employment for people with health conditions and disabilities, facilitating preventative support.
To be considered for this role you have:
- Relevant experience or knowledge of working within the health and disability sector / recruitment industry
- Knowledge of current developments and trends in the labour market, including challenges and issues faced by people with health or disabilities in employment
- The ability to interpret and analyse data to identify trends in health condition, injury and disability services and employment
- Willingness to travel to meet job requirements.
We offer you
- Training and support
- Regular coaching and career development opportunities
- Salary range $71,231.00 to $87,060.00 (Range 5). Application along this salary scale is dependent on relevant work experience and evidenced skills.
Salary range: $71,231.00 - $87,060.00
How to Apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the competencies listed in the position description. Also, you need to answer the questions in your application
All applications must be made online. For any further information about the role, please contact Adam Hubbard, email@example.com
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: Wednesday 6th July 2022
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working
environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires employees to be fully vaccinated.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Social, welfare & community|
|Attachment:||employment-coordinator-aug21.docx (Word, 198KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.