Project Coordinator at Ministry of Social Development, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We're in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
To enable the Ministry to better help New Zealanders who need our support, we are experiencing rapid growth in our IT area to ensure solutions can be delivered to our front line and our clients quickly.
About the role
6 months secondment or fixed term opportunity
The Project Coordinator role has the primary purpose of assisting with the co-ordination and delivery of the Ministry's Pipeline Management products and services.
The role will particularly focus on providing administrative support to the Release Train Engineer (RTE) and our Cadence Trains by assisting with planning, coordination, execution and delivery of value for this programme.
You will bring with you
- Previous experience in a project coordinator role, administrative support role or advisory role
- Basic understanding and professional interest in portfolio, programme, project and agile methodologies such as SAFe, at a technical and business level preferred.
- Proven record in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Advanced IT skills including Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, E-mail) and agile project management tools (Jira, Confluence)
- Proven ability in developing and maintaining relationships with external agencies and internal contacts
- Demonstrated experience with the provision of high-level executive and administrative activities
Attributes we are looking for
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent ability to prioritise, schedule work to meet deadlines and maintain the quality of services delivered
- Strong organisational skills – ability to multi-task, prioritise and escalate where necessary
- Strong client focus and able to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Strong self-management skills
- Strong relationship management skills with the ability to establish, build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment and problem-solving ability
- Ability to influence without authority
- Effective planning and organisational skills
- Clear and concise communicator of information (both in oral and written format) appropriate to the target audience
- Ability to work in a team environment, adapt, demonstrate initiative, and cope with continuing change
How can we support you?
We are an organisation that has people at the centre of our work.
At MSD we understand that our people do to their best, when they can be their best and we're committed to fostering a work culture that is diverse, inclusive, and supportive. We offer structures and tools such as Flexible working arrangements, Health Insurance and Vision care, Childcare Assistance and Information for Parents/Caregivers, Westpac Government Employee Pac, MSD Wellbeing Plan and Learning and Capability- Study Assistance to support our people and their development.
Salary range: $62,660 - $76,585
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key responsibilities listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: Tuesday 5 July 2022
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires employees to be fully vaccinated.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||project-coordinator-oct-2019.docx (Word, 190KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.