Assistant Investigator at Office of the Privacy Commissioner, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Assistant Investigator, Investigations and Dispute Resolution
Privacy is precious - help us protect it
We are Aotearoa New Zealand's privacy regulator – a small, independent crown entity established to protect and promote individual privacy.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Investigator (AI) to join our team in Wellington. The AI plays an important front-line and outreach role for the Commissioner. You will be taking enquiries from the public about their privacy rights and from agencies about their privacy obligations and providing sound advice in a manner that is independent and neutral. The AI will be part of a team of investigators and will notify, investigate, and manage their own complaints.
You will have an interest in the Privacy Act 2020 and human rights legislation. You will sometimes be responding to challenging issues, so resilience, strong communications (written & oral) and relationship skills are key to thriving in this role.
The successful candidate will:
- Have an interest in the Privacy Act and other human rights legislation. Working knowledge of the Act would be an advantage, but is not required
- A legal qualification or experience in interpreting and applying legislation would be an advantage
- Have excellent communication skills, both oral and in writing
- Have strong relationship management skills and emotional intelligence to be able to effectively deal with complex behaviours
- Assist individuals, where possible, to self-resolve their privacy issues
- Be able to manage the number of enquiries received while maintaining quality and responsiveness
You will need to have the legal right to work in New Zealand to be considered for this role.
This is an excellent opportunity for a graduate or someone looking to take the next step in your career and take on a stimulating role, where you will be consistently learning and developing your skill set.
The role is based in Wellington, with options for flexible working.
If this role sounds like you click ‘Apply now'.
All applications require a Covering Letter and CV.
For any enquiries, email email@example.com
Role closes Friday 14th October 2022 at 5pm.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Office of the Privacy Commissioner|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||Assistant Investigator PD (September 2022) (A808652).docx (Word, 178KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.